Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
15082029_G.png

BIRMINGHAM, AL

Randall Woodfin, a 2003 graduate of Morehouse College in Atlanta, will run Alabama's largest city after he beat out incumbent William Bell to become mayor of Birmingham.

Woodfin is now the youngest mayor of the city since 1893.

According to WBRC, he served on the Birmingham Board of Education for three years, two of those years as its president. During that period, the state school board returned control of the district to the city school board and the district exited accreditation probation status. He is a native of Birmingham and has served in various roles in the city's government, including as city attorney.

During his senior year at Morehouse, he was elected Student Government Association president.

“It’s hard for me to know where to begin to talk about what Morehouse did for me,” he said on his campaign website. “It’s a place where campus politics and student government has the kind of importance that football has at the University of Alabama."

Woodfin also graduated from Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Yes, the majority of Birmingham mayors have come from HBCU's. Actually b'ham al is a great place for HBCU alum. :ehh:
They even take students on field trips to visit hbcu campus in middle & high school.

They took us on campus visits to...
Tuskegee in middle school
tuskegeeuniversity-Large.jpg

1Top-Ranking2_norm.jpg

...and Alabama A&M University in high school.

goodoverall690x225.jpg

b453f23f801d87523bd366b4ebfcdfc2

Going to an HBCU is encouraged in school(alot of our teachers & admin went to one and wear their colors) and you definitely have options in B'ham AL as an HBCU alum.:ufdup:

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That's great, my mother was born in raised in Birmingham, moved to Detroit and got a job at Chrysler in the 1960's. I always liked visiting in the 1980's.