Mother wants teacher removed for telling black son he might be lynched for not focusing

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was speaking out in favor of unions in another thread, and actually debating your "usual suspect".
You know, it's possible to be "pro-union" and still acknowledge that unions can be wrong at times. You don't have to be blindly partisan on every issue. You are allowed to be a Democrat, and still think for yourself.

Well I'm glad you figured out there is even a union involved since the reporter didn't even do their job well.

It frankly gets old reading about individual cases as some sort of referendum on unions when their powers have largely been gutted and membership barely exists in this country.
It's done very deliberately by the Kochs and corporate interests of this country and negatively effects the rights of all workers not just people in unions.

You also don't hear the same screams to gut Veterans benefits when a few soldiers commit rape and or murder civilians and you don't hear the same cries when police continuously kill civilians without repercussions.
So don't even talk about partisan politics and democrats. It's dishonest.

You either believe in workers rights or you don't. The corporate prerogative is clear and general public's interest is something else entirely. Employment at will and right to work states are a scam on not only the employees but the taxpayer at large who picks up the tab for their benefits due to depressed wages. Do I think this person warrants firing of course I do but lets not pretend this is some typical situation. As far as I'm concerned this is a civil rights violation and the teacher should be arrested and fired.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know, it's possible to be "pro-union" and still acknowledge that unions can be wrong at times. You don't have to be blindly partisan on every issue. You are allowed to be a Democrat, and still think for yourself.
:whoa:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
You either believe in workers rights or you don't.
Jesus Christ, save your talking points.
In this particular instance I believe the union is wrong for protecting this teacher.
Having an opinion on this particular situation is not a "referendum on unions".
This is the Coli, not the senate floor.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Regarding your first link:

Do you think these offenses were worthy of being fired?....because he wasn't. A warning was placed in his file. If his file was clean, he wouldn't have been fired this time.

The second link in the bing search:

Physical contact is written into the contract, and can result in termination. Minus that, I'm fairly certain this teacher would have only gotten a written warning.

Next link:

There's a tape. I listened to it. Why are they investigating?

The reason this teacher hasn't been fired is because of the union. That is fact.
Whether you think that is a good thing or bad thing is up to you to decide.
The point here is people from that very union have been fired for similar infractions.

Workers deserve their protections and one of those is due process.

Furthering my initial point from the googles is that the response in this situation is similar to the response in places without unions. That's a fact. So where I disagree with you is the assumption that if there was no union the teacher would be fired on the spot when there are numerous examples of this similar response happening in places without unions.

I'm completely against removing labor protections because one teacher didn't get fired on the spot.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Mother should have ran the fade with her outside of the school it's the only way they are gonna learn... apologies doesnt mean shyt anymore...::ehh:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Fair. Then you're okay with this teacher not being fired on the spot.
Frankly, I'm not.
I dont think most teachers are qualified to teach in the first place. :mjcry:

That said, this reeks of bad negotiations between the union and the school system more so than an indictment on unions. :mjgrin:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I dont think most teachers are qualified to teach in the first place. :mjcry:

That said, this reeks of bad negotiations between the union and the school system more so than an indictment on unions. :mjgrin:
Considering the pay, you'd have to be crazy to be qualified and go into teaching :snoop:

My only problem with the teachers union (which is the only one I can speak on with any certainty) is that they are prone to protecting people who deserve to be fired. Teachers who slap a student, or discuss blowjobs on twitter with students, or threaten to kill the entire central office staff, or tell a black student that they "better learn to talk white...and fast". I've seen the union expend significant effort and, in turn, waste a significant amount of the district's money in fighting these cases. And they always won.
Just seems like the union should be able to protect their member's rights while also having a moral compass.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Considering the pay, you'd have tobe crazy to be qualified and go into teaching :snoop:

My only problem with the teachers (which is the only one I can speak on with any certainty) is that they are prone to protecting people who deserve to be fired. Teachers who slap a student, or discuss blowjobs on twitter with students, or threaten to kill the entire central office staff, or tell a black student that they "better learn to talk white...and fast". I've seen the union expend significant effort and, in turn, waste a significant amount of the district's money in fighting these cases. And they always won.
Just seems like the union should be able to protect their member's rights while also having a moral compass.
I agree with you here. I grew up in a state without a teacher's union and the same shyt happened.

But yes, unions should have a correctly functioning moral compass.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is anyone here even remotely interested in the context of what was said or is the word “lynch” unacceptable to say in the presence of a black person under any circumstances regardless of context?

this is like the equivalent of a Jewish parent complaining that someone told her kid “don’t get gassed...”
:stopitslime: get the fukk outta here. theres no excusing this

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fact:

You have no idea what exactly the teacher said and you have no idea the context in which these words were said.

Or do you.
that would be true, but the article quotes her as not denying saying it :what:

theres no context for a teacher to warn a black student about being lynched

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
lol you're a white dude pretending to be offended over a figure of speech. stfu.