Movie/Movie theater moments that blew you away as a KID

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Moments as a young kid that completely blew you away. Maybe at home or in the theater

1. Being a kid in the early 90's, not completely entrenched with the concept of CGI at that time. Loved playing with power rangers, toy trucks and Dinosaurs. Than seeing a movie like jurassic park for the first time. Completely mind blowing to my young mind. The scene when t-rex first shows up:wow:

2.Saving private ryan as a kid and seeing how gruesome ww2 was. Never seen anything like it. That scene when the nazi knifed breh in the chest had me :mjcry:

3. Being a kid in the late 90's wanting to see what the hoopla around star wars was, and picking up the original copy of Empire strikes back from blockbuster. Movie had me:whew:

Add on brehs:blessed:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
1.Sniper scene in saving private Ryan

2.mortal kombat, when scorpion and sub zero show up

3. Jackie Chan splashing dudes through glass in police story

4. The entire ending shootout in hard boiled

5. That gospel rendition of "when doves cry" in William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet

6. First time seeing enter the dragon thinking I could do all the moves

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Blair witch in theaters was crazy

Sixth sense at the end reveal

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
:mjcry:

DefensiveUncommonArthropods-size_restricted.gif

SmartRightKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Pretty much all of Independence Day. I was a little kid it's one of my first memories of being at the movies. I was fully into the idea of aliens and Fresh Prince. We went opening weekend and I never seen a theater I don't think that packed like this was. I have other experiences at the theater that rank up there but this is always gonna be my top choice

giphy.gif

LUxP.gif

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
i was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid. researched them and read all kinds of books about them.
this was before cgi dinosaurs could be seen all over dicovery channel, national geo,etc...
seeing dinosaurs and men side by side for the first time.......blew my mind.

:wow:
as far as action, this scene in the cinema with the dramatic acting and music.damn, i loved it.

:ahh:

there is more....

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Batman in 89. Movie was hyped to death. Commercials, taco bell it was everywhere. Seeing it theaters was huge until T2 couple years later. Just the excitement for that movie was off the charts until Jurassic Park dropped 2 years later. People were aw struck. Then seeing the trailer to independence day I remember everyone in the theater was like holy shyt!!!

Great times. :mjcry:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Jurassic Park for sure, ID4, Aladdin, Mortal Kombat first and only movie I snuck into.

Special shoutout to Star Wars Episode 1, that podrace and Duel of the Fates was :wow: It was years later that I realized people hated the fukk out of that flick, when Episode II came out I was on the internet like "wait y'all liked Ewoks and shyt more than the podrace :picard:". I was 14 years old then... and still kind of feel the same way now :lolbron:

Matrix was also incredible.