Movie/Movie theater moments that blew you away as a KID

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I remember going to the Star Wars re release in 97 and everyone applauding at the end.
Me and two good friends went to see the re-release. They had em back to back. fukkin fell asleep during new hope, we all did. Woke up during Empire. Fell asleep again. :dead:

Thank God shyt was cheap back then.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me and two good friends went to see the re-release. They had em back to back. fukkin fell asleep during new hope, we all did. Woke up during Empire. Fell asleep again. :dead:

Thank God shyt was cheap back then.
You fell asleep because you didn't like the movie or you were tired

Daps
Lol! There are some young Brehs on this board!
1977 - Star Wars. The Star Wars. I remember being in my backyard playing and my older brother coming up to tell me that he had seen a new movie and was going to ask my parents if I could be allowed to see it. (we were only allowed to watch Disney stuff back then)
I go on Sunday and I remember being completely blown away by the opening Imperial StarDestroyer chasing Leia's ship. Her ship goes by and then the Stardestroyer comes over and you think you are seeing the back of the ship but it was only the bottom and there is more!
My mouth hit the floor of the theater.
The next day at school it was the only thing any kid was talking about.
Later that year we visited friends in Philadelphia and got to see Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Again mind blown.
That year was the last year that movies like Gus and The Apple Dumpling Gang and Freaky Friday would cut it for me.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Lol! There are some young Brehs on this board!
1977 - Star Wars. The Star Wars. I remember being in my backyard playing and my older brother coming up to tell me that he had seen a new movie and was going to ask my parents if I could be allowed to see it. (we were only allowed to watch Disney stuff back then)
I go on Sunday and I remember being completely blown away by the opening Imperial StarDestroyer chasing Leia's ship. Her ship goes by and then the Stardestroyer comes over and you think you are seeing the back of the ship but it was only the bottom and there is more!
My mouth hit the floor of the theater.
The next day at school it was the only thing any kid was talking about.
Later that year we visited friends in Philadelphia and got to see Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Again mind blown.
That year was the last year that movies like Gus and The Apple Dumpling Gang and Freaky Friday would cut it for me.

LOL... I was afraid to reply to this thread until I saw someone else reply with something from the 70's :old:.

Anyway, when I was a little kid, the ceiling exploding and the rainbow shining on Kermit BLEW MY MIND for some reason

Even as an adult, how the hell did they do this long zoom in shot without CGI or even drone cameras

:mindblown:

Last edited: