Mr. MFN Exquire x Madlib Collabo Project O/T/W

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
A New Interview On Passionweiss Reveals That Madlib Is Working On A Project With Mr.MuthafukkinExquire

From the article:;;

How’d you link up with fellow Crown Heights resident, Mr.Muthafukkinexquire?

Skylark: Big Kahuna, he’s like two blocks away from my house in Crown Heights. That’s my brother yo. I met him when I was 16. I sent him an email in like 2012 because I wasn’t really fukking with shyt. I was tired of listening to Pro Era and all that. There was just one summer where I was bumping mad El-P, Cannibal Ox and all that Def Jux shyt. I ended up running into Exquire’s shyt and I thought that shyt was the fires. He probably one of the the nicest, most organic, Brooklyn MC’s after the OGs you feel me. That’s the truth, he’s my brother.
He responded to my email and I asked if he could executive produce my album at the time, which was going to be called God, Mind, Buddha, Body. That was gonna be my magnum opus and still is because it isn’t out yet. He hit me up the next day and was with it to help me. At the time I was working with my other homie, Simsbentley, and we were on the hunt that whole summer for a studio. We ended up over right across the street from the Roxy Hotel in Tribeca. I walk into this storefront after school with my son Sims and this lady popped out the back of the store and asked if we make music. Turns out there was a studio in the back.
This was all in a week’s span. I hit up Exquire about the studio we found and it worked out perfectly. That same studio I formerly met Exquire at, we recorded a song that was unfortunately never released. It was a sample that Madlib already chopped that Simsbentley then chopped to make it more current. Sounds fire. That same studio we brought Exquire to is also where he finished like several other mixtapes and upcoming albums.

I heard he has one coming up pretty soon?
Skylark: That same studio, Frisbie Studios—shouts out to Mary Frisbie—is pumping out this Exquire-Madlib album.

Exquire and Madlib? That’s insane.
Skylark: Yep, featuring several ECW members. It is not done yet but I’ll tell you that ECW gonna be on it. I think we kind of jumped the bucket from where my folks were from to where I’m currently at with my music. My father always told me if I really believe in something I gotta work hard for it. I can’t just dream about it. With my team, that was me exerting my most energy when it comes to making this music. Formulating a team and getting it to where it’s at.
Me as an Exquire fan, I always said that he needed an album with either Doom or Madlib. And that’s what exactly happened bro. There is this one song, “Alienation” that myself and Yo Chill are on.

*Skylark plays the song*
I was told he liked that right there.

Last edited:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Sounds like its madlib beats already released chopped up.

I always wondered why more mcs didny take madlib, rza, dilla beats and make their own mixtapes from them. The greatest hip hop producers ever yet people only take a beat or two for theor projects instead of an entire project.