Mud

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
Surprised I couldn't find any threads about the movie Mud. I hadn't heard of it before yesterday but as soon as I saw the ratings it was getting at Rotten Tomatoes I knew I had to see it. Here is the synopsis:

"Mud is an adventure about two boys, Ellis and his friend Neckbone, who find a man named Mud hiding out on an island in the Mississippi. Mud describes fantastic scenarios-he killed a man in Texas and vengeful bounty hunters are coming to get him. He says he is planning to meet and escape with the love of his life, Juniper, who is waiting for him in town. Skeptical but intrigued, Ellis and Neckbone agree to help him. It isn't long until Mud's visions come true and their small town is besieged by a beautiful girl with a line of bounty hunters in tow"

Me and my girl saw it last night and we both really liked it. The movie had a lot of different themes going on but at the same time it was cohesive and very easy to digest. All actors/actresses involved did a great job. It really captured the backwoods small town vibe without becoming hokey/stereotypical (takes place in Arkansas). That's all I 'll say for now because I don't want to spoil anything.

Anyone else see it? Thoughts? I can see some people complaining the movie was slow, but I love a movie that builds slowly.

When May Pearl broke Ellis' heart :wow: shyt brought me back to that moment every male has when they realize women ain't shyt.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First half of the film was a bit slow, and boring. Picked it up in the second half, only thing I really didn't like was the shoot out scene.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
:lawd:

Great film on different men and their perspectives with their women.

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
this on netflix ?

No but the director has made two other movies that are, Take Shelter and Shotgun Stories. I liked both of those movies too, although the very end of tale shelter was :shaq2:

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
I recommend this movie. I'd give it 4/5 stars.

I griped a little at how neatly things were tied together at different point in the movie, especially the shoot-out scene. Aside from that I felt like the acting was excellent and all the major characters were well developed. It was a bit dreamy and very stylistic in it's own rough around the edges way, things I enjoyed greatly. All in all I think it's a great movie.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I did a trial of Redbox Instant, this was the first movie I watched.

I knew it'd be alright with McConnaugawd, but I didn't expect it to be as enjoyable as it was, especially how it picked up in the later half.

Mickey Doyle as a badass, without an accent :gladbron:

Damn good coming-of-age film.