Multicultural Cuisine Appreciation Thread

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also, what african food is good? Ive had some Ethopian and Moroccan cuisine but nothing else

South African food is great. Lots of great West African food, too, from Ghana, Nigeria, etc.

Good food = one of the greatest things in life. If I believed in God, I would praise him for making me a natural ecto since I can enjoy myself a bit more than some others.

The only kind of cuisine I don't really like much (and I know some people will be mad here) is Puerto Rican/Dominican food. They do have a few excellent dishes, but for whatever reason (I'm assuming colonialism and the destruction of the indigenous and African culture, among other things) their cuisine is almost entirely deep-fried, largely red meat and little else- very few seasonings and spices, no vegetables and almost no fruit, etc. Even my red meat-obsessed friends were dying after a week over in PR and actually had to go the grocery store and make some salad at home, which is something they would never do here.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bro isn't a lot of SA food fried. I remember eating sandwiches with french fries inside them :wtf:

I need to go through some pics :old:

Some of the modern stuff, sure, but I had some straight Zulu shyt when I was there, and it was actually excellent. It's sort of like Chinese food, though- you have to be ready to try things that look/taste ways that might not sit well with the average Westerner. I remember getting this plate of cow intestines that looked basically like green slime, and half the people I was with couldn't handle it.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Some of the modern stuff, sure, but I had some straight Zulu shyt when I was there, and it was actually excellent. It's sort of like Chinese food, though- you have to be ready to try things that look/taste ways that might not sit well with the average Westerner. I remember getting this plate of cow intestines that looked basically like green slime, and half the people I was with couldn't handle it.
Yea definitely ive been posting a lot of stuff in here more appealing to western palates and eyes but def. some of the best shyt is weird looking and smelling. Americans especially shun organ meats and innards, but some of that stuff is the best food, and good for you nutritionally

trippa alla fiorentina (florentine style tripe)

trippa-alla-fiorentina.jpg

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Anyone who hasn't seen this episode should track it down. That slimy okra drink would probably defeat me. That texture is probably my main weakness when it comes to food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
mansaf+recipe.jpg

Jordanian Mansaf. Very hit or miss for people. It is basically fermented dried yogurt/goat milk type of sauce with really tender lamb meat with rice ... it's pretty good. I loved it, but I know people who don't :manny:

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
Great thread.

I am in the shape I want to be in, so from now until Christmas, I am gonna enjoy food with no guilt.

The last few weeks Ive been eating well, brehs. I live in one of the most multicultural areas of Dublin, if not Europe(white euros are a minority here)..

Ive been feasting.

4676195-Full_Irish_Breakfast_at_a_Dublin_Landmark_Dublin.jpg

Irish Breakfast.

images

Indian Fish Curry. My Indian, brehs. Respect for your cuisine.

images

Shark Fin Soup. From China, with love.

images

Ever see a skinny middle aged Naija dude? Nah. Cause he feasting on yams!

images

I know wings aint that multicultural to you Americans. But they are to those of us in Europe. So good, brehs.