Musically, is Donald Glover occupying the space B.o.B. was supposed to be in?

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
B.o.B has an eclectic taste in music and has that alternative Black sound and can occupy multiple areas. Trap, Conscious, Afrobeat, R&B, Rock, Funk.

Had he not jumped head first into the flat Earth shyt, and making Skyler Grey songs prior to that, he really could be eating right now.

His music is still good, a bit scatterbrained, but got a lot of thought-provoking joints that could translate very well to videos if he had the money.

Gambino's music is a bit more singing than rapping, but other than Awaken My Love, everything since Because the Internet and STN MTN has sounded kinda B.o.B. ish.

Thoughts?

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last B.ob track i heard he was trying to be a trap rapper.. dude is all over the place

What kinda music os he doing now? :mjlol:

shyt he still all over the place, but he be on some real shyt, minus that flat Earth nonsense he sneaks in like once every album..

There is a lot of self empowerment, wealth, knowledge of self, religion and other topics he address and the lyrics are on point. He still have a couple songs about smashing hoes in there too.

I probably listen to him a couple times a year and wonder where he could've been if he hadn't started digging his own hole.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Gambino doesn’t really f*ck with rock like that.

BOB does.

Spacely Sparkus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He actually dropped some new music recently
OP you may be right :lupe:
cuz Gambino myt have took this concept a lil further

Last edited: