Mute (Trailer) - Duncan Jones Sci-Fi thriller on Netflix 02/23

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I don't get it how this could be as bad as the critics are saying.

The trailer looked average, and it seems to be nothing more than a Blade Runner homage, but i dunno....it's to see a competent director drop such a major dud.

• Dap
Reactions: .r.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
I'm watching it now and don't want to see how much time is left cause it's interesting/entertaining as hell. I'm also bored at 330am but still.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Movie is okay.

Feels like they just jumped to the revelation that Cactus killed Leo's girlfriend. To me it didn't feel like there was any build up to it and the revelation was earned. There was clues however (like Cactus in the club at the beginning stalking the girlfriend, approaching Leo in the Cafe) but will need to watch again closely to see the build up to the pay off. If it was set that the pedo did it to set up Cactus would've made for a better ending.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Movie is okay.

Feels like they just jumped to the revelation that Cactus killed Leo's girlfriend. To me it didn't feel like there was any build up to it and the revelation was earned. There was clues however (like Cactus in the club at the beginning stalking the girlfriend, approaching Leo in the Cafe) but will need to watch again closely to see the build up to the pay off. If it was set that the pedo did it to set up Cactus would've made for a better ending.
it was set up it seems, cause the pedo even mentioned at the end that he should of been nicer to him. Which also explains why he had no problem turning the camera screen for him to see him take his daughter. Movie definitely took you on what seemed to be 2 different stories that intertwined. Could of explained cactus side of it better in relation to him and the hooker.

Just finished. Enjoyed it more than blight. Not saying they are similar just recent Netflix originals. I'm also into movies like these (sex, crime, drugs, sci fi)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
No fukking way this movie is that bad. Prime reason why I don't look for others opinions.
Well it's been a disturbing trend. Bright, Cloverfield Paradox and now this.

It's become the new straight to DVD. Kind of agree with forbes

"#Mute is another disappointing "big deal" Netflix original. This is becoming an inescapable/undeniable pattern. And, at least with genre flicks, Netflix is doing a lot of damage to the notion of "100% artistic freedom" as a good thing."

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Well it's been a disturbing trend. Bright, Cloverfield Paradox and now this.

It's become the new straight to DVD. Kind of agree with forbes

"#Mute is another disappointing "big deal" Netflix original. This is becoming an inescapable/undeniable pattern. And, at least with genre flicks, Netflix is doing a lot of damage to the notion of "100% artistic freedom" as a good thing."
Cloverfield Paradox is COMPLETE trash. Mute is not even comparable. Its not an amazing blockbuster but I honestly cant see how someone can call it trash. Anyone who gives it less than a 7/10 I cant take seriously.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Cloverfield Paradox is COMPLETE trash. Mute is not even comparable. Its not an amazing blockbuster but I honestly cant see how someone can call it trash. Anyone who gives it less than a 7/10 I cant take seriously.
I'm gonna watch it later, but i despised Bright and couldn't finish paradox