My Adventures With Superman (HBO Max, Adult Swim animated series) - trailer out!

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I’ll be honest about my bias.

The Krypton/who am I angle is played out for me. Just let him be Superman.
Also, this art style is good for the energetic camaraderie angle but anything more serious usually falls flat.

Lois is really good but this version of Jimmy is already annoying.

I’d give it a season but I ge the feeling his will end up in the MTV Spider-Man bin of, “ oh hey remember when..”

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I like it.

The race swapping is getting distracting. But I can kind of appreciate what they are going for.

I like the different take on his powers. The kinda power up thing.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Caught the first two episodes. Overall I liked it....wasn't blown away, but I liked it.Animation and art style is good, voice acting is good, and I especially like this version of Lois. Jimmy is annoying though.

Show needs a memorable antagonist though, this story about Livewire trying to steal some robots or something is pretty forgettable.

Also, don't expect an overly "Adult" show, it's basically PG rated. I think they just put it on Adult Swim due to Cartoon Network restructuring or something.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Just from the first 5 mins this shyt is mad corny especially how characters are given that corny external monologue and anime tropes. It’s definitely gives off that feel of RWBY or any other animefied American cartoon.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Also, don't expect an overly "Adult" show, it's basically PG rated. I think they just put it on Adult Swim due to Cartoon Network restructuring or something.
Cartoon Network is just the Teen Titans Go! network and has been for a while now. Action cartoons are pretty much dead on cable. Also, Cartoon Network lost another hour to Adult Swim recently; CN is essentially "dying".

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I watched both episodes. I liked it. I'm typically not a fan of Lois Lane's character, but I like this version of her so far :ehh: what's her ethnicity supposed to be, btw? She doesn't look white to me.
The voice actress (Alice Lee) that is voicing her is Asian, so based on that, Lois is supposed to be Asian.

I'm not sure why DC is bringing back Superman with the red trunks across various media. I thought we left that in the past a decade ago. :unimpressed:
Nope, that's Superman's iconic look. It can NEVER be left in the past :ufdup:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yeah this show is about as generic feeling as can be. The problem with Superman is he's such a bland character created for a different era. Marvel figured out how to put a beard on Captain America and make him a compelling punished version for the movies but Superman even with the Henry Cavill version which is about as edgy and brooding as I can remember still didn't feel all that interesting. It's hard to take an invincible mild mannered boyscout and make him compelling.

Unless I'm missing an episode this show begins in media res within the first few minutes Jimmy is teasing Lois about liking Clark. They all know each other and Clark isn't quite Superman yet but is about to become him. There's no character between Jimmy, Lois, and Clark that can carry this thing. Jimmy's just a generic sidekick so it can't be him. Clark is typical Clark Kent. Their version of Lois looks like an over eager tomboyish calamity Jane who is going to get herself in trouble and constantly need to be saved.

I think this show unless it comes up with a standout antagonist will be done in 2 seasons. Just feels like it's going through the motions early on.
You should give Superman and Lois on Max a shot because they did just that :ufdup: :wow: