My Breh & I Were Talking About Kendrick And J.Cole Yesterday

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
And he said if Kendrick was rapping in the 90's he would've been a mediocre artist and not a star....same shyt some of you Coli brehs say:krs:

But then he turned around and said J.Cole would be a star in the 90's.....I looked at him like:dahell::laff:

Now I'm not knocking Cole....but if Kendrick would've been mediocre then J.Cole wouldn't have even made a sound

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Cole def wouldn't be a star in the 90's. Just think about who the stars were and try to line Cole's personality to any of them? That college boy, just lost my virginity rap would get no play

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Cole def wouldn't be a star in the 90's. Just think about who the stars were and try to line Cole's personality to any of them? That college boy, just lost my virginity rap would get no play
I feel like I would've heard a few of his songs on college radio or something, but his music would've gotten lost in the sauce

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The quality of Kendricks music cannot be denied regardless of his standing in that era. I don't remember anyone talking about reasonable doubt too heavy during those times but it's standing to many hip hop fans now is incredible. I dont believe Kendrick would have been such a huge star during those times and that's because of other things rather than just quality of music is what got a person over those days but hip hop guys years later would be talking about him

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Your friend is absolutely right

Kendrick's verses are at least 50% nonsensical gibberish that his hipster stans hypebeast

J. Cole makes coherent songs

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Your friend is absolutely right

Kendrick's verses are at least 50% nonsensical gibberish that his hipster stans hypebeast

J. Cole makes coherent songs
My breh said something similar to this

He said that Kendrick raps too fast and he doesn't be saying anything(relevant to him)

I told him that I appreciated Kendrick's flow, how he puts verses together, the words he uses, etc. but he didn't see it:yeshrug:

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
My breh said something similar to this

He said that Kendrick raps too fast and he doesn't be saying anything(relevant to him)

I told him that I appreciated Kendrick's flow, how he puts verses together, the words he uses, etc. but he didn't see it:yeshrug:
I feel like Big Sean was in my head when he took that shot at Kendrick on "No More Interviews"

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
If it was the 90's

Kendrick would be a star...actually moving the same units but he wouldn't be the biggest star of TDE...that would be Jay Rock and School Boy Q. IMO. J. Cole would have still be a star and actually probably bigger than he is right now because of his style.
And to add to it...Big KRIT would be a bigger star too.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
He's wrong...he's judging them off style as of J Cole in the 90's wouldn't have been relegated to the underground. Kendrick for all his wordy complicated (yet somehow still surface level) lyricism understands how to ride the fence. He could play the game in any era I believe, he still wouldn't the be the "best" at rap but he would be dope enough to ride the fence, like Eminem did.

He would have had more competition than he does now (NONE) in the mainstream but he would have gotten over much easier than a J Cole...Cole is a beneficiary of social media marketing that allows guys who would have normally had to depend on record lables to get them the kind of look they are getting without needing a middle man who is purposely working to keep you 'underground'...same thing with Logic...they woulda been Talib Kweli status without the internet.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
He's wrong...he's judging them off style as of J Cole in the 90's wouldn't have been relegated to the underground. Kendrick for all his wordy complicated (yet somehow still surface level) lyricism understands how to ride the fence. He could play the game in any era I believe, he still wouldn't the be the "best" at rap but he would be dope enough to ride the fence, like Eminem did.

He would have had more competition than he does now (NONE) in the mainstream but he would have gotten over much easier than a J Cole...Cole is a beneficiary of social media marketing that allows guys who would have normally had to depend on record lables to get them the kind of look they are getting without needing a middle man who is purposely working to keep you 'underground'...same thing with Logic...they woulda been Talib Kweli status without the internet.
No lie I said the same thing

He felt that you can feel J.Cole's music better than Kendrick's...basically J.Cole's style is more relatable than Kendrick's