Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Just started playing games on Windows 10 through Bootcamp on my 2012 Macbook Pro since I sold all my gaming systems. Really started kicking myself in the ass though for selling some of my old games. I could've ripped them to my computer for use in some of the emulators. Now I have to ask friends for their copy or download.

LaunchBox - LaunchBox Frontend for DOSBox, Portable Games Launcher and Database
This is where I play Steam, PC and emulated console games from, easy to install and setup, good GUI

RetroArch - Libretro | An API for emulators and games - Retroarch Directions for Launchbox
I use the following RetroArch cores: MAME (Arcade), Mupen64Plus (Nintendo 64), Nestopia (NES), Snes9x_Next (SNES), VBA_Next (Gameboy Advance), Desmume (Nintendo DS), Picodrive (Sega Genesis and 32X). jailbroken iOS devices can get it from this repo: buildbot.libretro.com/repo/cydia/

You can run other separate emulators through LaunchBox such as Dolphin - Dolphin Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube games. I setup and played Super Mario Sunshine (GC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) last night through my X-Box One wired controller, it was great. Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks way better on PC, hooked up to my HDTV (1080p 60fps) than it does from Wii to TV.

My next project will be to add PS2 and Dreamcast games. Edit. Done. Watch this Launchbox PS2 tutorial. Download PCSX2 - PCSX2 - Playstation 2 Emulator News. You can get a PCSX2 bios pack here. I can't even remember where I got mine from though. For Dreamcast games, I use NullDC. This link includes the bios. Both of these emulators let you save games through the 'memory card' so read up on how to set it up (it's easy) or ask me in here.

I tried RetroArch on Android and iOS but it sucks. Dolphin and Reicast for Android also sucks. Mega64, SNESDroid and GENPLUSDroid are great. They let you save games and configure controllers. For mobile games I use a iPega 9037 gamepad that works with both PC, Android and some iOS games. I already have some emulators on iOS working well through a Logitech Pro controller can't remember the name. So far everything I've done so far (other than buying controllers) has been for free.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Is there something like this for Windows?

I use my hacked ps3 for my emulation needs but it doesn't look as well organized as this video. Also emulators can upscale. PS3 cant

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What controller do you use?
I've bolded the controller names in my first post. X-Box One Wired controller for my computer and for the phone, an iPega 9037 controller. I had looked at a ton of professional gaming enthusiasts reviews before picking that one. It's usually around $50 but I found one for $23 from China. amazon.com/gp/product/B00YMJWBL6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It also plays some iOS games through iCade bluetooth but I'm still buying a separate controller because I need MiFi for some games. Forgot the name of that one, got it saved somewhere.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Is there something like this for Windows?

I use my hacked ps3 for my emulation needs but it doesn't look as well organized as this video. Also emulators can upscale. PS3 cant
Yeah, I have this all setup on Windows 10 through Bootcamp. Not doing this on OSX.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I just use OpenEmu on my mac. No need to run Windows. I use a PS3 controller with it.
I wanted to run emulators on my Mac but I sold my PS3 and the controllers and some of the Steam games I own only run on Windows so I just installed Bootcamp and emulated there instead.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Retroarch is great. I rarely use seperate emulators anymore :blessed:
RetroArch on Computers is great. Easy to setup on both my Windows and OSX partition but it sucks on my Android phone. Just trying to navigate the menus is a pain in the ass and the N64 core ran Mario slow as fukk. Thankfully, the free emulator in Google Play Store called Mega64 has been the best solution for me. Was easy to setup my controller.