Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
A bit OT, but can the fire tv or droid box effectively emulate PS2 games or plder(Dreamcast, N64, SNES, etc)?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I couldn't get ICE to work. I followed the guide and looked online but the games aren't being created. I just manually created a shortcut to Retroarch.exe and then edited it's launch properites in steam to point to the Snes9x core and then to the actual rom smc file.
Just follow the directions exactly as it states in the readme file. I have ICE working for Dolphin games but it either won't work with nullDC and PCSX2 or something's wonky. I'll figure it out later. The cool thing is that it does show what games I'm playing on my profile so I'll probably play the games that will work, through Steam instead of Launchbox. I'm gonna move my Wii and Gamecube games over to Steam since those work, delete them from Launchbox, then re-add them to Launchbox using the 'keep in same folder' option, this way both programs point to the same files.

2mq5mpi.jpg

m32bs.jpg

Edit. Added some more.

141igw8.jpg

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just follow the directions exactly as it states in the readme file. I have ICE working for Dolphin games but it either won't work with nullDC and PCSX2 or something's wonky. I'll figure it out later. The cool thing is that it does show what games I'm playing on my profile so I'll probably play the games that will work, through Steam instead of Launchbox. I'm gonna move my Wii and Gamecube games over to Steam since those work, delete them from Launchbox, then re-add them to Launchbox using the 'keep in same folder' option, this way both programs point to the same files.

2mq5mpi.jpg

m32bs.jpg

Edit. Added some more.

141igw8.jpg
Okay I got it to work now.

The images aren't downloading though for some strange reason. It's not finding the game due to the name or something.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Just started playing games on Windows 10 through Bootcamp on my 2012 Macbook Pro since I sold all my gaming systems. Really started kicking myself in the ass though for selling some of my old games. I could've ripped them to my computer for use in some of the emulators. Now I have to ask friends for their copy or download.

LaunchBox - LaunchBox Frontend for DOSBox, Portable Games Launcher and Database
This is where I play Steam, PC and emulated console games from, easy to install and setup, good GUI

RetroArch - Libretro | An API for emulators and games - Retroarch Directions for Launchbox
I use the following RetroArch cores: MAME (Arcade), Mupen64Plus (Nintendo 64), Nestopia (NES), Snes9x_Next (SNES), VBA_Next (Gameboy Advance), Desmume (Nintendo DS), Picodrive (Sega Genesis and 32X).

You can run other separate emulators through LaunchBox such as Dolphin - Dolphin Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube games. I setup and played Super Mario Sunshine (GC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) last night through my X-Box One wired controller, it was great. Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks way better on PC, hooked up to my HDTV (1080p 60fps) than it does from Wii to TV.

My next project will be to add PS2 and Dreamcast games. Edit. Done. Watch this Launchbox PS2 tutorial. Download PCSX2 - PCSX2 - Playstation 2 Emulator News. You can get a PCSX2 bios pack here. I can't even remember where I got mine from though. For Dreamcast games, I use NullDC. This link includes the bios. Both of these emulators let you save games through the 'memory card' so read up on how to set it up (it's easy) or ask me in here.

I tried RetroArch on Android and iOS but it sucks. Dolphin and Reicast for Android also sucks. Mega64, SNESDroid and GENPLUSDroid are great. They let you save games and configure controllers. For mobile games I use a iPega 9037 gamepad that works with both PC, Android and some iOS games. I already have some emulators on iOS working well through a Logitech Pro controller can't remember the name. So far everything I've done so far (other than buying controllers) has been for free.

I use my modded wii for nes, snes, genesis, gameboy, n64, gamecube, or wii games... and my modded original x-box for ps1, saturn, and xbox games or homebrew executables like Mario War or Bor, or Mugen.

Dreamcasts games I play on the actual dreamcast.

Advanced arcade stuff (Marvel vs, Metal Slug, KoF games) I play on the xbox cause I upgraded its default ram.
Non-demanding arcade games I play on the wii.
Triple A titles or next-gen stuff I play on PC. :yeshrug:

The wii interfaces are just so much better than when I was using PC/Xbox for everything.

And you have choice of wiimote, wiimote/nunchuck, classic controller, pro controller, or gamecube controller... so all gamestyles are covered. You can use controllers you aren't supposed to as well cause you can force recognition on wii same as xbox.

I got pretty good playing Halo with a madcats racing wheel... using the footpedals to crouch and the gearshift to switch weapons.
:jawalrus: My friends hated me...

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I use my modded wii for nes, snes, genesis, gameboy, n64, gamecube, or wii games... and my modded original x-box for ps1, saturn, and xbox games or homebrew executables like Mario War or Bor, or Mugen.

Dreamcasts games I play on the actual dreamcast.

Advanced arcade stuff (Marvel vs, Metal Slug, KoF games) I play on the xbox cause I upgraded its default ram.
Non-demanding arcade games I play on the wii.
Triple A titles or next-gen stuff I play on PC. :yeshrug:

The wii interfaces are just so much better than when I was using PC/Xbox for everything.

And you have choice of wiimote, wiimote/nunchuck, classic controller, pro controller, or gamecube controller... so all gamestyles are covered. You can use controllers you aren't supposed to as well cause you can force recognition on wii same as xbox.

I got pretty good playing Halo with a madcats racing wheel... using the footpedals to crouch and the gearshift to switch weapons.
:jawalrus: My friends hated me...
I'm trying to play console videogames anywhere in the most convenient way possible. My main goal is to do it with my Android phone so I can hook it up to a TV through Chromecast screen casting or through my iPhone through Apple TV screen mirroring and a bluetooth controller and play anywhere but PCSX2 and Dolphin either doesn't work or don't work at all so the next step is my MacBook which I'll need to upgrade later in order to play emulated PS3 games. I have a modded Wii. I've played emulated games on it. I had an X-Box 360 but it wasn't a hardware mod, I just flashed for burned discs. I used to have those other consoles you mentioned but I ain't trying to plug up shyt. I want no wires, and no bulk cause I travel frequently. The great thing about having it all on your laptop is no wires except for plugging up ya laptop.

lol @ playing Halo through ya steering wheel that's crazy.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I'm trying to play console videogames anywhere in the most convenient way possible. My main goal is to do it with my Android phone so I can hook it up to a TV through Chromecast screen casting or through my iPhone through Apple TV screen mirroring and a bluetooth controller and play anywhere but PCSX2 and Dolphin either doesn't work or don't work at all so the next step is my MacBook which I'll need to upgrade later in order to play emulated PS3 games. I have a modded Wii. I've played emulated games on it. I had an X-Box 360 but it wasn't a hardware mod, I just flashed for burned discs. I used to have those other consoles you mentioned but I ain't trying to plug up shyt. I want no wires, and no bulk cause I travel frequently. The great thing about having it all on your laptop is no wires except for plugging up ya laptop.

The horn was grenade.
:ahh:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Emulated PS3 games? News on this? I haven't heard anything about it.

FukkinDatHo

Banned
Daps
Something about playing console games on a pc or laptop is unnatural and wrong, like getting your dikk sucked from behind.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ESX - PS3 (PlayStation 3) Emulator for PC

System Requirements

Minimum
Windows 7 and Later.
CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel/AMD Processor or higher with SSE2.
GPU: Any AMD/NVIDIA/Intel Direct X 10 GPU with 1GB of Memory and Pixel shader model 3.0
RAM: 1 GB on Win 7/8 32-Bit, 2GB on Win 7/8 64-Bit

Recommended
Windows 7 and Later.
CPU: 3.2 GHz Intel/AMD Quad Core CPU or higher with SSE4.
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 560 or higher, ATI Radeon 5850 or higher
with 2GB of memory.
RAM: 2GB on Win 7/8 32-Bit, 4GB on Win 7/8 64

God of War 3 1080p 60fps

GTA 5

that's fake lol