My NYC Black Folk......Gentrification

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
This is what I look like on any given weekday save for Friday:
332897_10100149506514941_1472934618_o.jpg

You better watch out before the No 1. Ladies Detective Agency brings down your ivory smuggling ring breh breh

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Either way, its pointless in getting mad at a college graduate who can afford a 2k a month rent (not including utilities)

first you should be congratulating us for being able to afford that

secondly you should HOPE that nikkas are fiscally responsible to be able to afford that and not go broke

thirdly, you should get upset at the valuation system for an apartments worth <-----this is the most important point....so how about we take the next few pages to discuss that

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I don't know about Philly, except for there being a huge market for opiates, but Berlin has seen its hey-day of being a place to find "cool." That isn't to say that it's bad but the city has lost a lot of edge since the fall of the wall.

During the last DEMF I had a chance to catch up with a few of my Euro friends and they all agreed that Detroit is actually the new Berlin. Cheap rent, lots of grant money for creatives, and there's a strong tech presence as well.

Also, all of my suits are expertly tailored. I get a lot of undue hate on this forum. Pay the haters no mind.

yep detroit is gonna be an international artsy type city in about 10-20 years

alot of straglers from the occupy detroit

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Center city is really nice and clean.

I pay 890 for a 1 bedroom apt in the best part of town... Haven't seen any mice or cockroaches

Unbelievable, here 890 would get you half a closet. :wow:
Btw, is the Philly train system on par w/ NY or DC?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
the weird part is people acting like they owned those areas in the first place

the gov't just threw you there, you rented the place and didn't own any land, and the money u used to rent was from the government

why can't people understand that?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I've heard that about Detroit but I don't buy it...

1. Weather sucks

2. City is god awful

3. Not close to any other city

4. No public transit

I see no reason why artists would want to live there besides the fact that it's free. I'm sure it's attracting some people but I'd be shocked if there was a ton of em

Philly is getting them because we already have a big scene, they can get to ny no prob to sell art, rent is dirt cheap, public transit is great etc. philly's been exploding with ny artists lately while ny has been exploding with rich posers.

you are such a fukkin homer, aside from about 4-3 neighborhoods, philly is super trash. i remember listening to talk radio out there one time, and they were begging city/state officials to consider providing incentives to attract (from colleges elsewhere) and retain (from colleges in philly) college grads who head for NY and DC.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
last time i was home i wento to kick it in BK, i was chillin on Myrtle ave and i was like :wtf: cause there was all these white people walkin great danes and swingin tennis rackets and shyt. same shyt happenin in JC, the neighborhood i grew up in has 3 projetcts within a 10 block radius, but theres also an old factory they converted into condos that are sellin for like half a mill at the lowest, rich cacs all ova my hood now

ha, i lived on myrtle (somewhere between flatbush and ashland), funny cuz my roommate was this hipster-y, jewish chick. building was white as fukk, but a great building nonetheless...man, i love brooklyn

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps

the gov't just threw you there, you rented the place and didn't own any land, and the money u used to rent was from the government

The harsh truth.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Riverdale is really nice man, classier than westchester imo
I don't know if it's classier, but it is NICE up in Riverdale. Lots of old heads though. I think I'm too young to surround myself around people that can die any day.

I was just reading the grantland article about the NY bid for the olympics. shyt was really true, the only reason the city has been able to get brand new stadiums and construction funds was through the prospect of the olympics. Its a sad reality.

Citi Field and Jet Life Stadium? Yes.

Yankee Stadium? No. That Stadium was something Steinbrenner wanted for 20 years prior. The debate there was whether it was gonna stay in the BX or go to Jersey or Manhattan.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
People complain about the hood being white washed.... but look at Chinatown. Those motherfukkers came, got their money up, bought their buildings, and own their neighborhood. They got skrenfh. We should have been building that strength over the last few decades.

Even Chinatown is getting their shyt pushed in. That's why Flushing and Sunset Park are overtaking Manhattan Chinatown.

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps

:ld:
cacs getting reckless on here