Name a bigger falloff than Argentina

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have never heard of anyone talking about Uruguay or Paraguay in my life or even visiting can’t even name one notable person from there :picard:

The great Ruben Rada

One off the best fusion(Soul, Funk, Rock, Jazz, latin) project from that period. Samples galore, for my producing folks

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also Argentina is getting Blacker by the way, most immigrants going there are mainly from Haiti, West Africa, Dominicans, Afro Colombians, etc

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also Argentina is Blacker by the way, most immigrants going there are mainly from Haiti, West Africa, Dominicans, Afro Colombians, etc

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
There were more Africans in Argentina then Uruguay. Uruguay really was a stopover before they went to their main destination..

A good number off Black folks in Montevideo have Argentine roots(Black)

Do you have data on slave disembarkation in Montevideo and Buenos Aires?

I can’t find my old sources anymore

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you have data on slave disembarkation in Montevideo and Buenos Aires?

I can’t find my old sources anymore
Same here, can't find my old sources. But for most part. Buenos Aires, Montevideo were essentially the first stop in the Americas before, they were taken elsewhere.

The one thing with Uruguays Black population is that good portion off Blacks in and around Montevideo have Black Argie roots and pretty much all off the Black Uruguayans in North all descend from Black folks escaping Slavery from Brasil.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Same here, can't find my old sources. But for most part. Buenos Aires, Montevideo were essentially the first stop in the Americas before, they were taken elsewhere.

The one thing with Uruguays Black population is that good portion off Blacks in and around Montevideo have Black Argie roots and pretty much all off the Black Uruguayans in North all descend from Black folks escaping Slavery from Brasil.

I’m many guessing Rio de la Plata enslaved Africans were taken north to mines in Bolivia and Peru like Potosi.

30,000 Africans were taken to Potosi alone.

Ake1725

All Star
Daps
I wonder why they're more prominent in Uruguay than Argentina. Proximity to Brazil?

Uruguay didn't oppress their black population to the extent that Argentina did. Also Black Argentines fled to Uruguay and Brazil to escape mistreatment because they shared a lot in common culturally is my understanding

Last edited: