Name two completely unrelated films with the same basic main plot device

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
A few people mentioned Menace 2 Society but It always felt like an alternate of Boyz N The Hood to me.

Equally good films with much different direction, but they both put goofy kids in the ghetto who lost close friends, they both had that same realization that they were doing the wrong thing.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
A Serbian Film and The Pursuit of Happiness.

A father takes a risk to provide for his family.
:leostare:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Slumdog Millionaire and Forrest Gump: Slack-jawed idiot kid stumbles his way through a montage of historical events over the course of his life.

* Both movies are based on the main character retelling events from his life story to someone else

* Both movies feature a close friend who goes through very dark times and ends his life dramatically

* Both movies have the main character growing up with a best girl friend who becomes a lover, only he loses her to the game and she becomes someone else's whore, but then one day he finds her again

* Both movies have the main character getting filthy rich in the end, not through any sort of superior intellect or work ethic but through a sort of destined "fate"

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Slumdog Millionaire and Forrest Gump: Slack-jawed idiot kid stumbles his way through a montage of historical events over the course of his life.

* Both movies are based on the main character retelling events from his life story to someone else

* Both movies feature a close friend who goes through very dark times and ends his life dramatically

* Both movies have the main character growing up with a best girl friend who becomes a lover, only he loses her to the game and she becomes someone else's whore, but then one day he finds her again

* Both movies have the main character getting filthy rich in the end, not through any sort of superior intellect or work ethic but through a sort of destined "fate"

That's smart, Slumdog was a cool concept for doing those same themes.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I somehow didn't realize I had made two of the same sort of threads:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Forrest Gump and Benjamin Button - out of place/fantastic southerner makes friends with a black guy, as he goes through time pursuing a doomed love interest. Written by the same guy. :stopitslime:

I never saw it but my boy told me Real Steel with Hugh Jackman was basically Over the Top but with robots. :mjlol: