Nas and Rakim sit down Interview (CLASSIC)

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

My first recollection of Hip Hop was listening to Biggie in '94
In 2006, Nas came out with Hip Hop is Dead, and made me go back and look at all the old school artists, from the 70s till now

Rakim's "Ain't no Joke" was the first rap song that I ever memorized word for word, bar for bar. Paid in Full still amazes me to this day

I actually remember when this video came out in 2005/2006. Had a nikka amazed. 2 of the GOATs right here :mjcry:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched this the other day. I had no idea it wasn't posted already. Loved the part when they were talking about jewelry.

Good interview but I lost just a bit of respect for Rakim when he told Nas to his face how much he appreciated UBR and then turned around and had some type of beef against it

Wasn't that the other way around? He didn't like it at first then he came around to it?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Watched this the other day. I had no idea it wasn't posted already. Loved the part when they were talking about jewelry.

Wasn't that the other way around? He didn't like it at first then he came around to it?

That's what I wanna know too

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That's what I wanna know too

Nah he told Nas to his face how much he appreciated the shout out THEN turned heel face in another interview a couple years later saying he didn't appreciate Nas putting his kids names and his government name in the song. It came off real... Snaky because he seemed like he REALLY felt a ways about it...

But Nas didn't really put anything out there that a simple Google search couldn't confirm.

Rakim is the Gawd and Nas is the GOAT so it hurts to even have to criticize Ra like that but if he felt a way I Don't know why he didn't say it to Nas face either during the interview or in private afterwards

http://live.drjays.com/index.php/2009/10/28/rakim-reveals-his-true-feelings-about-nass-tribute/

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he told Nas to his face how much he appreciated the shout out THEN turned heel face in another interview a couple years later saying he didn't appreciate Nas putting his kids names and his government name in the song. It came off real... Snaky because he seemed like he REALLY felt a ways about it...

But Nas didn't really put anything out there that a simple Google search couldn't confirm.

Rakim is the Gawd and Nas is the GOAT so it hurts to even have to criticize Ra like that but if he felt a way I Don't know why he didn't say it to Nas face either during the interview or in private afterwards

http://live.drjays.com/index.php/2009/10/28/rakim-reveals-his-true-feelings-about-nass-tribute/

I probably knew which came first at the time but I forgot.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

... WOW, in that case, that's some real snake shyt on Rakim's part :francis: