Nas,Jay,Big, and Ems first 3 albums are better than kendricks first 3-Joe Budden

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
When it comes to RAPPING Eminem > Kendrick.

Kendrick would likely tell you the same.

SSLP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S80
MMLP >>>> GKMC
TES >> TPAB as a rap album.

That last match up is the only debatable one and I still say it's better on some rap shyt. You disagree? Cool. Just don't run to metracritic or start talking a bunch of music major, needle drop bullshyt.

Em has more noteworthy performances throughout that 3 album stretch, easily.
:huhldup:

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
Ghostface dropped Ironman, Supreme Clientele, and Bulletproof Wallets consecutively. This ain't even taking Fishscale into account. Pretty Toney was that shyt too

Common dropped Resurrection, One Day It'll All Make Sense, and Like Water For Chocolate consecutively. This ain't even taking Be into account.

We know what Cube

We know what Pac did the last couple years before he died

I'd take Nas first 3 even if I Am... isn't as solidly consistent as a Kendrick album, the GOATness of Illmatic, IWW, and the classic tracks on I Am... more than push it over the edge. This is without mentioning Stillmatic or The Lost Tapes.

Kendrick is the man right now but let's calm down on that top 5 talk. :heh:

i feel like kendrick is the product of his era the social media etc etc era where everybody over hypes everything
is he good yes ? is he top 5 or top ten hell no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
When it comes to RAPPING Eminem > Kendrick.

Kendrick would likely tell you the same.

SSLP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S80
MMLP >>>> GKMC
TES >> TPAB as a rap album.

That last match up is the only debatable one and I still say it's better on some rap shyt. You disagree? Cool. Just don't run to metracritic or start talking a bunch of music major, needle drop bullshyt.

Em has more noteworthy performances throughout that 3 album stretch, easily.

Nah.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So he's saying I Am, Born Again, Vol. 1, and The Eminem Show are better than GKMC, TPAB, and/or Damn??? :mjlol: :camby:

No he's saying if you pit their first 3 official projects up against Kendrick's they have better when it comes to rap.

Some of y'all don't get it because Kendrick is your "Eminem/Jay Z" type artist...one who is selling records yet still doing the craft justice.

nikkas will always front on Em on here but yes... I would argue Vol 2. >> GKMC

People try to pull revisionist history on that album because of the "classic" and all the analytics critic bullshyt...I heard that bomb drop in real time.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
No he's saying if you pit their first 3 official projects up against Kendrick's they have better when it comes to rap.

Some of y'all don't get it because Kendrick is your "Eminem/Jay Z" type artist...one who is selling records yet still doing the craft justice.

nikkas will always front on Em on here but yes... I would argue Vol 2. >> GKMC

People try to pull revisionist history on that album because of the "classic" and all the analytics critic bullshyt...I heard that bomb drop in real time.

Breh, I've been a hip hop fan since before the Hawaiian Sophie vid.

I get what he's saying and I'm saying it's bullshyt.

If you pit Kendrick's first 3 albums against the others, Kendrick has been more consistent and his bars are on par with theirs.

Each artist dropped a dud somewhere in their first 3 albums except Big, I don't acknowledge Born Again as a real Big album.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Eminem is nicer than Kendrick

Even if I give him TPAB over TES it's still 2-1.

S80 counts because one of his stans told me it's one of his 8 classics.

S80 is better than SSLP?

:russ:

MMLP > GKMC

If you pit Kendrick's first 3 albums against the others, Kendrick has been more consistent and his bars are on par with theirs.

Not really.....Kendrick's bars are not on par with Jay Z, Nas or Eminem's in their prime. It's more to being a skilled rapper than being able to bar somebody out but that ain't Kendrick's forte, and it doesn't have to be.

And I thought OP said since LAD is a double album, it gives him three albums worth of material to compare.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Eminem is nicer than Kendrick

Even if I give him TPAB over TES it's still 2-1.

S80 counts because one of his stans told me it's one of his 8 classics.

S80 is better than SSLP?

:russ:

To be honest, I haven't listened to an Eminem album in a minute.

There's really no desire to.

I revisited MMLP about 6 months ago because I used to love that album, and couldn't get past more than 3 tracks.

Eminem just happened to come up during a time of great lyricists and he borrowed heavily from some of the greats during that time (Red, Monch, the whole Rawkus movement) to create his style, but he didn't have any real substance to make it stand the test of time.