Nas,Jay,Big, and Ems first 3 albums are better than kendricks first 3-Joe Budden

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
To be honest, I haven't listened to an Eminem album in a minute.

There's really no desire to.

I revisited MMLP about 6 months ago because I used to love that album, and couldn't get past more than 3 tracks.

Eminem just happened to come up during a time of great lyricists and he borrowed heavily from some of the greats during that time (Red, Monch, the whole Rawkus movement) to create his style, but he didn't have any real substance to make it stand the test of time.

Eminem just happened to come up in a time..

:what:

As opposed to now? Eminem was swimming sharks like Jay, Nas, DMX and holding his own, seems like you making that some sort of a knock on him, why is that? What Kendrick's competition like in comparison? And while we on the subject of borrowing heavily Eminem is all in Kendrick's DNA along with half the people Em named on Til I collapse. He draws from his influences and does his own thing with them just like Em did.

I wouldn't even say that S80 vs SSLP is debatable.

As for MMLP vs GKMC

The clarity, I got my clarity just studying Eminem when I was a kid. How I got in the studio was all just curiosity. I had a love for the music, but it was curiosity. The day I heard The Marshall Mathers LP, I was just like, How does that work? What is he doing? How is he putting his words together like that? What's the track under that? An ad-lib? What is that? And then, Why don't you go in the studio and see? So I do that. Then it became, How's his words cutting through the beat like that? What is he doing that I'm not doing, now that I'm into it? His time is impeccable. When he wants to fall off the beat, it's impeccable. These are things that, through experience and time, I had to learn. - Kendrick Lamar

:francis:

I mean we could try and go track for track but it's kind of moot when you might not even have a GKMC without MMLP.

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I don't see how Vol 1, Vol 2, I Am and The Eminem Show are arguably better than Kendrick's strongest album. :francis:

That's because you're a geek who's more obsessed with Photoshop than hip hop :laugh: SirBiatch stans stay having shyt non-hip hop tastes.

Now post a gif in my honor, celebrate the one time you've been quoted by SirBiatch in comparison to the years you've devoted to me, and keep it moving :salute:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
He's saying that as a whole their 1st three albums is better than Kendricks 1st three...not that all of their albums is better than Kendrick's:snoop:
And he's right about all but Eminem:ehh:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Eminem just happened to come up in a time..

:what:

As opposed to now? Eminem was swimming sharks like Jay, Nas, DMX and holding his own, seems like you making that some sort of a knock on him, why is that? What Kendrick's competition like in comparison? And while we on the subject of borrowing heavily Eminem is all in Kendrick's DNA along with half the people Em named on Til I collapse. He draws from his influences and does his own thing with them just like Em did.

I wouldn't even say that S80 vs SSLP is debatable.

As for MMLP vs GKMC

The clarity, I got my clarity just studying Eminem when I was a kid. How I got in the studio was all just curiosity. I had a love for the music, but it was curiosity. The day I heard The Marshall Mathers LP, I was just like, How does that work? What is he doing? How is he putting his words together like that? What's the track under that? An ad-lib? What is that? And then, Why don't you go in the studio and see? So I do that. Then it became, How's his words cutting through the beat like that? What is he doing that I'm not doing, now that I'm into it? His time is impeccable. When he wants to fall off the beat, it's impeccable. These are things that, through experience and time, I had to learn. - Kendrick Lamar

:francis:

I mean we could try and go track for track but it's kind of moot when you might not even have a GKMC without MMLP.

First, I don't count S80 amongst Kendricks albums.

If we did that, we would have to count Infinite as Em's first album.

As far as Kendrick being influenced by Em, of course he was.

He came up in the 00's, when the mainstream was pumping this "Em is the greatest rapper ever" bs constantly.

Kids coming up during that time probably never heard G Rap, Organized Konfusion, Common, Ras Kass, Pun, GZA, J.U.I.C.E., early Redman, early Mos Def, etc. before they were exposed to Em, so it's understandable that they'd consider him a godlike emcee.

I don't fukk with Ab Soul to this day because he implied that Em was the greatest rapper ever.

What I'm saying is, when it's all said and done, GKMC, TPAB, and Damn, will be considered a far superior run to SSLP, MMLP, and The Eminem Show.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
First, I don't count S80 amongst Kendricks albums.

His fans do, he has like 4 or 5 classics according to them.

If we did that, we would have to count Infinite as Em's first album.

Not really.

S80 is listed as his debut album dropped on the same label that just dropped his newest album on,. Nobody calls or talks about that shyt like a mix tape. I mean the shyt went gold, Infinite didn't even get pressed up for in store sales when it came out I don't think.

As far as Kendrick being influenced by Em, of course he was.

He came up in the 00's, when the mainstream was pumping this "Em is the greatest rapper ever" bs constantly.

You mean the same shyt the same label is doing with Kendrick? And I don't fukk with people trying to penalize them for it if they puttin in work ,Kendrick is making good with his platform but they are using the same tactics they used with Em as they are with K-Dot, as they should.

Kids coming up during that time probably never heard G Rap, Organized Konfusion, Pun, GZA, early Redman, etc. before they were exposed to Em, so it's understandable that they'd consider him a godlike emcee.

WOW.....

So how does the bold work when people like G Rap, BDK, Redman or even Caz mention him when it comes to guys they consider peers? Are they too young and influenced by the media? have they not heard themselves?

:mjlol:

I don't fukk with Ab Soul to this day because he implied that Em was the greatest rapper ever.

AB soul is a better bar for bar rapper than Kendrick.

What I'm saying is, when it's all said and done, GKMC, TPAB, and Damn, will be considered a far superior run to SSLP, MMLP, The Eminem Show.

Yeah, to some people who may not really know better, sure.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Let's talk about the fact Kendrick making all his peers irrelevant to the point where ya'll HAVE to start reaching back to the 90's legends to underrate him. You don't see how that's actually confirming the nikkaz greatness? :jbhmm:

Nah.

Let's talk about the fact that he has so little competition in the mainstream that he the industry has to quantify his greatness and authenticity as an MC by getting in a fukking time machine and comparing him to other big names who are legit. That's what's really going on...Kendrick is genuinely dope, he doesn't need the hype, and a lot of people are just trying to counter balance the hype on some irrational shyt. They did and still do the same thing to Em. You got nikkas holding grudges against rappers and internet personalities because they acknowledge that Em is a great rapper.