Nas Makes Big Money Moves Alongside Google In $20M Investment

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There’s a lot of potential money in startups. Is the culture we live in now. Facebook, Amazon, Uber/Lyft, etc. But the sad thing is that most of the people who work here are white or white-ish.

They ain’t hiring mothafukaz from queensbridge. But I get it, it’s business.

I wish I got an opportunity to work at one of these companies, WFH, gym membership, UnLimited PTO, access to mental health, company retreats, etc.

But it’s like they purposely make the qualifications only for white people. Can’t no regular nikka get these type of jobs and is fukked up cuz nikkaz like nas or hov push these companies on us, but it only benefits them.

You DO realize that the company Nas is investing in, of which this article at the heart of this thread is about, is BLACK OWNED correct?

“If I’m a Black man, how do I find other Black men who are businessmen who want to invest, who know something about business. Who not only just invest, but also can consult the company.” - Nas

You ALSO realize that one of the first companies Nas ever invested heavily in was Bevel. Another BLACK OWNED company correct?

You’ve had superstar investors: Nas, Magic Johnson, John Legend. How have you raised money, and what advice would you give to a young entrepreneur to get in the same room as some of these guys?

For the folks you mentioned, I just met them and asked and they got it right away. Nas was the first guy I spoke to, and in five minutes, he said “I’m in.” I spent the last 55 minutes talking about what this could become. And these guys shop in the same aisles. So convincing the individual black investor was pretty easy. “This doesn’t exist, I get razor bumps.” Nas is like, “you going to make a trimmer?” I’m like, “yes I will.”- Tristian Walker, CEO of Bevel

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
You DO realize that the company Nas is investing in, of which this article at the heart of this thread is about, is BLACK OWNED correct?

“If I’m a Black man, how do I find other Black men who are businessmen who want to invest, who know something about business. Who not only just invest, but also can consult the company.” - Nas

You ALSO realize that one of the first companies Nas ever invested heavily in was Bevel. Another BLACK OWNED company correct?

You’ve had superstar investors: Nas, Magic Johnson, John Legend. How have you raised money, and what advice would you give to a young entrepreneur to get in the same room as some of these guys?

For the folks you mentioned, I just met them and asked and they got it right away. Nas was the first guy I spoke to, and in five minutes, he said “I’m in.” I spent the last 55 minutes talking about what this could become. And these guys shop in the same aisles. So convincing the individual black investor was pretty easy. “This doesn’t exist, I get razor bumps.” Nas is like, “you going to make a trimmer?” I’m like, “yes I will.”- Tristian Walker, CEO of Bevel

Obviously not. I’m speaking from being aware of some of Nas investment history like Ring, Mass Appeal, Lyft etc. These types of people have tons of investments, shyt that’s not even public.

It’s plain business opportunities. Which I respect and totally understand. I’m just speaking on the other side of the coin. That although we champion our brother for being in this position in his life. A lot of time through hip-hop shyt is marketed to us as “Black-Owned” and for us. From experience I’ve had an opportunity to see what the inside of these offices and companies look like and they’re mostly white people and that’s true. You don’t even have to be able to go inside these offices. Go to Tidal’s LinkedIn and see it with your own eyes.

My point exactly is that a lot of the times these companies they invest in and are a part of and they promote as for us by us is just a good marketing strategy and nothing else.

They not hiring your average black kid who can qualify for these entry level positions and the people hiring you is not even black they white, they eat avocado toast with sparkling water.

Going back to what the marketing strategy. It’s kind of fukked up, because we support, champion, reveer our brothers like Hov, Nas, Swizz, etc. And they talk beautifully about black empowerment, but the only people these opportunities empower is them individually sometimes.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Obviously not. I’m speaking from being aware of some of Nas investment history like Ring, Mass Appeal, Lyft etc. These types of people have tons of investments, shyt that’s not even public.

It’s plain business opportunities. Which I respect and totally understand. I’m just speaking on the other side of the coin. That although we champion our brother for being in this position in his life. A lot of time through hip-hop shyt is marketed to us as “Black-Owned” and for us. From experience I’ve had an opportunity to see what the inside of these offices and companies look like and they’re mostly white people and that’s true. You don’t even have to be able to go inside these offices. Go to Tidal’s LinkedIn and see it with your own eyes.

My point exactly is that a lot of the times these companies they invest in and are a part of and they promote as for us by us is just a good marketing strategy and nothing else.

They not hiring your average black kid who can qualify for these entry level positions and the people hiring you is not even black they white, they eat avocado toast with sparkling water.

Going back to what the marketing strategy. It’s kind of fukked up, because we support, champion, reveer our brothers like Hov, Nas, Swizz, etc. And they talk beautifully about black empowerment, but the only people these opportunities empower is them individually sometimes.
Yeah, empowering themselves is empowering Black people because they are Black. Do you think the emoloyment prosepects at these super super white companies brothers can get a job at will improve or get worse with Nas, Swizz, Hov investments?
These guys invest they don't work in HR at these companies. You are asking them, 'just end racial hiring discrimination'. They aren't that powerful but they are doing what they can.
And really diversity is the wave, companies like having white, Black, Latin, Arab, Persian, Asian mix. It's a target in hiring practices in 2022.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah, empowering themselves is empowering Black people because they are Black. Do you think the emoloyment prosepects at these super super white companies brothers can get a job at will improve or get worse with Nas, Swizz, Hov investments?
These guys invest they don't work in HR at these companies. You are asking them, 'just end racial hiring discrimination'. They aren't that powerful but they are doing what they can.
And really diversity is the wave, companies like having white, Black, Latin, Arab, Persian, Asian mix. It's a target in hiring practices in 2022.

I literally just posted proof that Nas is indeed DIRECTLY investing in black businesses and that his mission is to specifically to find black people to assist and invest in.

Nas is doing it two fold.