Nas on Dj Khaled Apple Music Show [LIVE]

H.S.

All Star
Daps
:mindblown: How did I miss this thread?!

You dont have to pay... Just download Itunes, make an account, go to Beats 1 Radio and you can listen to all the past episodes from there

Any idea how long it usually takes for Apple to put up the episodes? I see the Future episode up, but not the one with Nas.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the new episode up. Thanks.

Last edited:

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading through this thread was torture :mjcry:

I really need to hear this set

I know someone on the coli gonna come through, as usual:ahh:

When that good person does, please don't forget me :feedme:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I missed this shyt can anyone explain what he did on the show?

It's over guys.

Cliff Notes

-He's been taking time out from recording until he finds the right inspiration. Says even HE knows it time

- Confirmed work with Large Pro, Swizz, Timbaland, and Beatminers. Says he's been asked to record with damn near everybody

- No album title, no concrete release window, still in early stages

- Says that the Hov/Timberlake/Timbaland song is "VERY serious" . Wouldn't say anything else but says it's true

- Says that him and Biggie were going to do a Gimme The Loot remix but they started smoking "that Chocolate" and he couldn't come up with anything. Says Biggie started going off the dome and he was like "I'm out" lol

- Khaled tried to bring up Lost Tapes twice but Nas wouldn't budge

-Says he begged Large Pro to be the executive producer of Illmatic but Pro was too busy with Main Source

-Says his favorite album is Songs In The Key Of Life and his favorite Hip Hop album is Its Takes A Nation Of Millions to Hold Us Back

-Says his favorite collaboration is Fast Life with Kool G. Rap

- Says that Khaled will be headlining the Mass Appeal South By Southwest show

- Says that Dave East is the best out of New York right now

I don't ever want to hear

Nas rapping on a trap best again brehs.

Why do you say that?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Need to hear the link

Sounds like nothing new was said that we dont already know. We knew he had been in the studio with Swizz, Timbaland and them since 2013. I wouldnt worry too much about that given the snippet Timbo played a couple of years back is kinda hot

One thing that was confirmed that worried me is that he doesnt have an inspiration or theme for the album..in a way I guess that's a good thing as well as a bad thing. Because while its bad he keeps us waiting and there's a danger of having the rap game pass you by, he also feeling the need to put out a album where his heart wasnt in it (HHID, SD?)

I think the other slight concern is the guys who really helped mold Life is Good (His manager Anthony Saleh and his exec producer No ID) are off doing other projects (No ID dealing with def jam artist relases and Saleh managing Future) I trust them more to direct Nas than Nas on his own and I would rather he wait to drop a quality album with their input than just have another situation where album sounds a bit uneven.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Need to hear the link

Sounds like nothing new was said that we dont already know. We knew he had been in the studio with Swizz, Timbaland and them since 2013. I wouldnt worry too much about that given the snippet Timbo played a couple of years back is kinda hot

One thing that was confirmed that worried me is that he doesnt have an inspiration or theme for the album..in a way I guess that's a good thing as well as a bad thing. Because while its bad he keeps us waiting and there's a danger of having the rap game pass you by, he also feeling the need to put out a album where his heart wasnt in it (HHID, SD?)

I think the other slight concern is the guys who really helped mold Life is Good (His manager Anthony Saleh and his exec producer No ID) are off doing other projects (No ID dealing with def jam artist relases and Saleh managing Future) I trust them more to direct Nas than Nas on his own and I would rather he wait to drop a quality album with their input than just have another situation where album sounds a bit uneven.

Well said! :blessed:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Need to hear the link

I don't think Saleh had/has that much input on the creative side.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't like trap beats.
He killed it on that shyt regardless though.
I dont expect him to put it on his album, but I like that he hops on remixes and guests verses like this just to remind people he's not as limited as they think.