Nas on Dj Khaled Apple Music Show [LIVE]

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't think Saleh had/has that much input on the creative side.

He's pretty much said that Nas trusts his input and that he's played him stuff and told him whats wack and whats not. I think he played a big part in Life is Good having a more steady build to it on the album. You kinda need that young dude who's still a fan of your music and knows what your fans want.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's pretty much said that Nas trusts his input and that he's played him stuff and told him whats wack and whats not. I think he played a big part in Life is Good having a more steady build to it on the album. You kinda need that young dude who's still a fan of your music and knows what your fans want.

Maybe. This is what was written in a recent interview:

Saleh approaches the subject of trust with a two tier 95/5 rule: his clients hold 95% of the creative control with Saleh chiming in only 5% of the time. Inversely, he handles 95% of the business with 5% advisement from his clients. “I want them to have complete control over their creative input and allow me to do what I do best, which is run the business and sell whatever is created. If I have to be involved in the creative, I’m not as effective with the business.”

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I didn't hear the interview. Was there that made you bring it up?
No. I didn't hear most of the interview either. The March Madness remix was the last record Khaled played. It was my first time hearing it. It was really jarring hearing how wack Future sounded after all those classic Nas records. And while Nas' verse was nice, I do t want to hear trap beats on his new album :scust:
He killed it on that shyt regardless though.
I dont expect him to put it on his album, but I like that he hops on remixes and guests verses like this just to remind people he's not as limited as they think.
Yeah. I agree. I understand why it's a necessary evil :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm currently on Apple Support trying to get these mugs to put the replay of the episode up...let's hope this works bros.
21c809g.jpg

Update: Turns out you need a Paid Apple Music account to listen to past episodes of the radio show :mjcry: if anyone got an account hook us up with a rip of the replay. I need that TIB Part 2 immediately :wow:
I'm dead @ you telling apple support you need to listen to Nas the GOAT :laff:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Maybe. This is what was written in a recent interview:

Saleh approaches the subject of trust with a two tier 95/5 rule: his clients hold 95% of the creative control with Saleh chiming in only 5% of the time. Inversely, he handles 95% of the business with 5% advisement from his clients. “I want them to have complete control over their creative input and allow me to do what I do best, which is run the business and sell whatever is created. If I have to be involved in the creative, I’m not as effective with the business.”

He has also said he makes suggestions in terms of what Nas should listen to, producers he might want to work with etc. So while he lets Nas control the music he also gives him that young ear he desperately needs. That being said Saleh did exec produce Untitled, which is an album I think was largely a miss production wise.

Still I think Nas has good ears around him now. Mass Appeal has him in contact with Alchemist, El-P, and various other dope producers. Saleh has probably reached out to various new producers about working with Nas, including Metro. I don't want to hear Nas over lots of trap but Metro can do some different stuff too.