Nas the Gawd, to executive producer Erykah Badu's new film 'The Land'

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Hip-hop artist Nas will executive produce Erykah Badu’s indie drama “The Land” and produce the film’s soundtrack.

The news comes following the announcement that the film will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival next month.

Steve Caple Jr. wrote and directed the film with Lizzie Friedman. Greg Little and Karen Lauder of Priority Pictures are producing alongside Tyler Davidson of Low Spark Films as well as Blake Pickens and Stephen Love. Priority Pictures is also financing the film with Charles D. King’s MACRO, marking their first project together.

“[I’m a] huge fan of my man Steve Caple Jr. I think he can become the next great filmmaker. [I’m] also, very excited to be working with my former agent and friend Charles King on his first film with his new venture. All great energy around the film, which I believe will yield amazing results,” Nas said.

“The Land” follows four teenage boys who devote their summer to escaping the streets of Cleveland to pursue professional skateboarding. When they get caught in the web of a local drug queen-pin, their motley brotherhood is put to the test.

In addition to Badu, the film stars Moises Arias, Rafi Gavron, Michael K. Williams, Kim Coates, Machine Gun Kelly, Jorge Lendeborg Jr. and Ezri Walker.

Daps
Let's see if Michael K Williams will manage to play another gay man in this movie. Dude is addicted to playing gay men.

Salute to Nas and Badu.