Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not so much the quality, but the acknowledgement, so to speak, and actual showing those songs, in some cohesive format, along with maybe other unreleased from that period. To have that officially chronicled and released, would just be a revelation of sorts for the Nas fans that loved that era, and came up in it. But, as I said in earlier post, you wait so long for these things in life, and they do happen, but they are seldom what you expected, the way you expected. That is due to the nature of expectations. I am happy anything is coming, it's all fun to me.

Good points. Rise and Fall is an unreleased classic. Regardless on whether they can clear the sample or they have to do an interpolation, that song should be released. It and several others. Maybe artist underestimate the impact that they’ve had on people’s lives. After many years, being able to bring back a feeling of nostalgia to fans, by releasing music that marks a certain time period, is a blessing.

I hope Nas plans of digging through the Sony vaults to put this shyt out too. Maybe it takes a bit more work to go back and get those since his Def Jam work is undoubtedly on his digital drive. It’s work that need to be done and at least preserved.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just saw that Beyonce is dropping her Lion King
album the same day as the lost tapes the 19th
Now granted the movie comes out the 18 but
still man lol smh

Ya’ll need to chill with this. These projects release dates are planned and timed months and sometimes YEARS in advance. Especially something like the Lion King, where marketing is key over that first weekend. Its not some evil, secret plan to sabotage Nas. Nas’s music can stand on its own

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I just saw that Beyonce is dropping her Lion King
album the same day as the lost tapes the 19th
Now granted the movie comes out the 18 but
still man lol smh
Last summer Beyonce dropped her album with Jay-Z the day Nas album produced by Kanye dropped. I think The Carters are doing this type of shyt on purpose, however it backfired because it then became her only album that didn't debut at number one.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Last summer Beyonce dropped her album with Jay-Z the day Nas album with Kanye dropped. I think they both doing this type of shyt on purpose, however it backfired because it then became her only album that didn't debut at number one.
I dont think Beyonce or Hov planned the release of the Lion King movie themselves.:whoa:

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last summer Beyonce dropped her album with Jay-Z the day Nas album produced by Kanye dropped. I think they both doing this type of shyt on purpose, however it backfired because it then became her only album that didn't debut at number one.

Last year was a little fishy lol
but this year the movie comes
out that day so I understand.
Still funny nonetheless.