Nas x Jay Z Doing Album Together?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This would be cool but then I'll need a tidal subscription and I already got all my playlists straight on spotify

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Nas need to worry about his own album. And I don't want Khaled doing anything with a Nas+Hov album. Stick to the Top 40 formula.

No I.D.
Pharrell
Just Blaze
Kanye

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Nas need to drop that solo album before he does a joint project...

And honestly I doubt they’d do an entire album. MAYBE an EP, and that’s stretching it.

If you look at both of their Collab history Nas has done Distant Relatives, which had specific theme, and Jay has done WTT, which was with a producer he’d known and done music with for over 12 years. Joint albums need a certain CHEMISTRY to work. They’d have to spend hours in the studio together, coming up with concepts, beats, and a theme that BOTH could rock with. I know they are friends now, but they are both two VERRRYYYY different artists.

The more likely avenue would be a world tour together. That would be dope as fukk
I don't think common ground would be as difficult for them now as you think, especially post-4:44. Now '06-13 Jay and Nas? Yeah that would be difficult. These are THE elder statesmen of hip-hop and both are about black empowerment, so while it doesn't have to be in-your-face as albums like Untitled or Distant Relatives, it could work today. If they tried it upon Nas signing to Def Jam we may have been disappointed.

who killin it?

the fakes get exposed
Daps
a nas + jay album with the right producers could make some waves though :jbhmm:

maybe not WTT caliber but more than any other duo release from this decade

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Can we be honest? Jay-Z and Nas chemistry have NOT been that good on the tracks they have done together

Word. The only way I see this being something I would be very interested in is if DJ Premier produced the whole album or some shyt :ohhh: If it’s DJ Khaled all over the record then you can forget about it :scust:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Long as we, the fans, finally get a HiFi quality version of:

Real talk, I need that. And if there is a joint album, this should definitely be on it.

Edit: Swizz styled on JB so hard in this shyt. :ahh:
Ol fake good at video games nicca.
Respectfully.

I ain’t really like nas verse from the sounds of it at the beginning though. Hate when he raps like that but Cassidy head bopping and Busta facial expressions to this is classic.