NASA validates "impossible" space drive.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-07/31/nasa-validates-impossible-space-drive

Could be the breakthrough we've all been waiting for :to:

From another article -

6. How does this get us to Mars?

The small but steady push of the EmDrive is a winner for space missions, gradually accelerating spacecraft to high speed.

The Nasa paper projects a 'conservative' manned mission to Mars from Earth orbit, with a 90-ton spacecraft driven by the new technology. Using a 2-megawatt nuclear power source, it can develop 800 newtons (180 pounds) of thrust. The entire mission would take eight months, including a 70-day stay on Mars.

This compares with Nasa's plans using conventional technology which takes six months just to get there, and requires several hundred tons to be put into Earth's orbit to start with. You also have to stay there for at least 18 months while you wait for the planets to align again for the journey back. The new drive provides enough thrust to overcome the gravitational attraction of the Sun at these distances, which makes manoeuvring much easier.

A less conservative projection has an advanced drive developing ten times as much thrust for the same power -- this cuts the transit time to Mars to 28 days, and can generally fly around the solar system at will, a true Nasa dream machine.

:wow:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I read this at Ars last week. The verdict is still uncertain but id love for it to be completely true. Space is the next exploration frontier, and while I might be able to in my lifetime, I'd love to go to space on a commercial flight 50 years from now..

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I read this at Ars last week. The verdict is still uncertain but id love for it to be completely true. Space is the next exploration frontier, and while I might be able to in my lifetime, I'd love to go to space on a commercial flight 50 years from now..

I'm like -
scared.gif

If this turns out to be true, your wait would be cut down to 20 years, billionaires around the world would pour billions into funding and commercializing this.

10 questions from Wired -

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-08/07/10-qs-about-nasa-impossible-drive

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State