Nation with Crumbling Bridges and Roads Excited to Build Giant Wall

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

By Andy Borowitz

Borowitz-Nation-With-Crumbling-Bridges-and-Roads-Excited-to-Build-Giant-Wall.jpg

Photograph by Matt York/AP
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—As America’s bridges, roads, and other infrastructure dangerously deteriorate from decades of neglect, there is a mounting sense of urgency that it is time to build a giant wall.

Across the U.S., whose rail system is a rickety antique plagued by deadly accidents, Americans are increasingly recognizing that building a wall with Mexico, and possibly another one with Canada, should be the country's top priority.

Harland Dorrinson, the executive director of a Washington-based think tank called the Center for Responsible Immigration, believes that most Americans favor the building of border walls over extravagant pet projects like structurally sound freeway overpasses.

"The estimated cost of a border wall with Mexico is five billion dollars," he said. "We could easily blow the same amount of money on infrastructure repairs and have nothing to show for it but functioning highways."

Congress has dragged its feet on infrastructure spending in recent years, but Dorrinson senses growing support in Washington for building a giant border wall. "Even if for some reason we don't get the Mexicans to pay for it, five billion is a steal," he said.

While some think that America’s declining infrastructure is a national-security threat, Dorrinson strongly disagrees. "If immigrants somehow get over the wall, the condition of our bridges and roads will keep them from getting very far," he said.

Analysis | For $18 billion, you could build 318 miles of border wall — out of dollar bills

Four things Trump could spend $18 billion on instead of a border wall

Sure makes you think huh?

Last edited:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While some think that America’s declining infrastructure is a national-security threat, Dorrinson strongly disagrees. "If immigrants somehow get over the wall, the condition of our bridges and roads will keep them from getting very far," he said.:dwillhuh:

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
18 billion(amount they're currently asking for) for a wall is a waste and it will surely cost far more

:yeshrug:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
18 billion(amount they're currently asking for) for a wall is a waste and it will surely cost far more

:yeshrug:
I engineer things... First we have a wall already... Secondly land rights are going to be an issue here because of the fact it woukdnt be placed in the same spot

Third half the shyt even impossible to build without creatin infrastructure to build it...

Wont happen simply rhetorics

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I engineer things... First we have a wall already... Secondly land rights are going to be an issue here because of the fact it woukdnt be placed in the same spot

Third half the shyt even impossible to build without creatin infrastructure to build it...

Wont happen simply rhetorics

Oh I agree it's practically impossible... or the costs would be the in trillions and take decades to complete.

They're still requesting the money which irks me.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I thought that this was an Onion article before I clicked the link.

I didn’t click the link because I thought it was an onion article.
While some think that America’s declining infrastructure is a national-security threat, Dorrinson strongly disagrees. "If immigrants somehow get over the wall, the condition of our bridges and roads will keep them from getting very far," he said.
That isn’t real right...? :damn: