Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Who all participating this year? I think I'm gonna beef my MyPlayer up a little bit and see whats up. For those wondering what I'm talking about:

NBA 2K League: How To Qualify, Salary Info, Draft Process, Twitter Account, Rules And More

NBA 2K League: How To Qualify, Salary Info, Draft Process, Twitter Account, Rules And More

The news that many people have been waiting for has been revealed. On Tuesday, the NBA and 2K released qualifying information for NBA 2K League hopefuls.

The NBA 2K League Qualifier will take place in January. It is set to be the first aspect of the qualifying process as hopefuls will need to meet the standards to advance to the second stage of tryouts in February.

Here's some key information about the qualifying process that was shared with me by NBA 2K on Reddit, where Managing Director Brendan Donohue conducted an Ask Me Anything session. In a previous conversation last week, Donohue also revealed a few tidbits of information about the actual in-season gameplay.

That info is also below.

• When: January 1-31.
  • Age Requirements: Must be 18
  • Access: Qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 on PS4 or Xbox One.
  • Application: Players must complete an online application by January 31
  • Participation: Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination of the two. Players will be using their existing MyPlayers for this stage of the qualifying process.
  • Performance Standards: Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18's Pro-Am mode. Winning more than 50 games doesn't increase a player's standing. After the top 85 players are identified, 85 players will be placed in the draft pool. Donohue says: "We'll be capturing deep analytics on all players to ensure the best will qualify for the draft pool."
  • Draft Info: March 2018
  • Teams: Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors, Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Philadelphia 76ers, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz, Washington Wizards
  • In-Season Player Specs: NBA 2K Leaguers will not be using their MyPlayers from personal use. They will be using avatars with ratings closer to 90, rather than as previously believed.
  • Salary Info: “It’s gonna be a competitive salary we’re gonna offer access to housing provided by their team and certainly the players will potentially have access to things like their NBA team facilities," per Donohue. During the AMA, Donohue added a little more info. He said: "Players will be paid a competitive, guaranteed salary, along with housing and benefits. In addition, players will have the opportunity to earn additional $$ during the season."
Biggest Takeaways From the Ask Me Anything

Special Build Coming For NBA 2K League

The NBA 2K League will be using a special build/version of the game to limit or eliminate instability. During the AMA, Donohue said, "We're building a dedicated environment for the league and we're working closely with 2K and their development team."

Which Console Will Be Used During NBA 2K League Games?

Per Donohue, this is still being determined.

How Long Will the Quarters Be in the League?

The NBA 2K League is leaning toward 6 minute quarters to mirror the Pro-Am experience, but nothing is confirmed.

The Official NBA 2K League Twitter Account Revealed

The best place to learn about the happenings with the NBA 2K League is to follow its Twitter account. Here are the link and handle: @NBA2KLeague

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to join a team (Xbox) if anybody has one. If not I'll just grind and do the walk on thing. Will be broadcasting some of my games and some of my grinding. Anybody else doing this too share your Twitch/Mixer/YouTube and I'll make sure I subscribe to your channel.

www.twitch.tv/williegotem

Gamertag: WillieGotEm

"Let's Get This Money Baby" - Frank White