NBA 2K23 (September 9th release)

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I'm in the story where I need 3 times teammate Grade A- or higher (limit 5 games chance) if I failed so punk ass GM will trade me and I got deal with Uncle Bobby after I got shoe deal endorsement with Adidas and will have me to me to do in TV commercial . I've played 17 games so far

What about you?
I got like 5-10 games in and got stuck on this objective where I gotta score 5 baskets and get 2 highlight plays to advance

Made my guy 6 ft even and I’m a 60 overall so it’s gone be an uphill battle to get past that :mjcry:

Just gave up for the time being which is wack because this the main mode I play :mjcry:

shyt is already long as fukk being 82 games a season plus playoffs now we gotta play the same game over and over, fukk whoever thought that was a good idea :hhh:

They just make this more frustrating as the years go by :snoop:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
that worked initially…I can’t remember if it was you or someone else who mentioned it…it was great advice at the time and the first time ever that I played the game w/o the meter…added a whole new level of realism to the games and it really made me learn my team…unfortunately at some point 2k did some shyt and fukked it up…even tho I knew the sweet spot for literally every player on my team as far as when to release a jumper, it became impossible to hit shots especially 3s…completely ruined the game for me…I thought it was me…but when I turned the meter back on, it was clear the CPU was cheating me on shots bcuz a lot of times my release was perfect or damn near perfect and my shyt was bricking smh

That's odd. I've been reading that complaint but I genuinely haven't had that issue as of yet. Some games I'm definitely not hitting the shots I normally make but that simulates the actual reality of the game of basketball imo. Sometimes, you're just not feeling it or you're out of rhythm. I chiefly run online competitively and don't really play the CPU much so maybe that's why I didn't really notice anything off.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's odd. I've been reading that complaint but I genuinely haven't had that issue as of yet. Some games I'm definitely not hitting the shots I normally make but that simulates the actual reality of the game of basketball imo. Sometimes, you're just not feeling it or you're out of rhythm. I chiefly run online competitively and don't really play the CPU much so maybe that's why I didn't really notice anything off.

ya I think the bold is the problem…I strictly play the CPU

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
Late is the “regular” setting for jumpshot timing. Mike wang said they didn’t implement the shot timing setting how they wanted to aka it’s fukked up this year. Also stamina has a lot to do with missed shots this year if your stamina is low it slows your jumpshot down also defensive coverage can speed your shot up so depending on where your stamina is and where the defense is you can basically be shooting a perfect shot and miss

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got like 5-10 games in and got stuck on this objective where I gotta score 5 baskets and get 2 highlight plays to advance

Made my guy 6 ft even and I’m a 60 overall so it’s gone be an uphill battle to get past that :mjcry:

Just gave up for the time being which is wack because this the main mode I play :mjcry:

shyt is already long as fukk being 82 games a season plus playoffs now we gotta play the same game over and over, fukk whoever thought that was a good idea :hhh:

They just make this more frustrating as the years go by :snoop:

yeah that "Control the Narrative" thing been huge glitch thats caused so many to stop playing MC. so many people had it happen on reddit
i had a cousin playing MC that got stuck playing the same game over and over. he just started playing Era instead

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Ok I played a few games, shooting isn’t that bad I gotta leave it on late and stop releasing it too early on decent shots. Off ball movement still a bit wonky

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah that "Control the Narrative" thing been huge glitch thats caused so many to stop playing MC. so many people had it happen on reddit
i had a cousin playing MC that got stuck playing the same game over and over. he just started playing Era instead

damn MC is usually my favorite mode…but I had so much fun initially playing myteam that it’s all I played this time…I’ve heard the complaints about MC but thought they were exaggerated but I still keep hearing the same gripe…I might have to skip it this year…fukk it…I definitely got my money’s worth playing myteam…it was great up until the sliders basically had no effect on shooting

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Any of y’all play MyCareer like that?

I got held up because I didn’t complete some objectives and can’t move on to the next game until I do

Does this keep happening? :gucci:
Same shyt happening to me bruh. 2k just made it easy as hell to say no to this game next year. shyt has me furious, "please complete control the narrative before you can advance" foh.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Same shyt happening to me bruh. 2k just made it easy as hell to say no to this game next year. shyt has me furious, "please complete control the narrative before you can advance" foh.
Who the fukk thought it was a good idea to force players to play the same game over and over when we already got a long ass 82 game season to get thru plus playoffs? :gucci:

And what really gets me is I’m pretty sure even if I did eventually get thru this game it’s just gone happen again and again with even harder objectives :snoop:

Far as not getting it next year, this the first one I copped since 2k20. That pissed me off so bad I started to not play NBA 2k ever again. Decided to give 2k23 a chance now I might really be done copping NBA 2k for good :unimpressed:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn MC is usually my favorite mode…but I had so much fun initially playing myteam that it’s all I played this time…I’ve heard the complaints about MC but thought they were exaggerated but I still keep hearing the same gripe…I might have to skip it this year…fukk it…I definitely got my money’s worth playing myteam…it was great up until the sliders basically had no effect on shooting

I've always just played Myleague or my era as they calling it now. I havent touched MC since the 1 with Spike Lee.
i bought 2k23 during black friday sale so i think imma get the 30 dollars value out of it

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've always just played Myleague or my era as they calling it now. I havent touched MC since the 1 with Spike Lee.
i bought 2k23 during black friday sale so i think imma get the 30 dollars value out of it

idk why the hell I called it myteam lmao

when I first started playing (2k11) I used to ONLY play myleague/myera…but when spike lee did mycareer is when I first played it, then I switched to only playing that mode for a minute…2k23 was the first time since then that I played myleague/myera

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
What sliders yall use i need something to help my teamates shoot more consistently and be able to make some slightly early or late shots
I think the main key is lowering the defensive sliders for layups and jump shots. The shot contests are so strong on this game where if someone is in your vicinity, you’ll miss the shot, I lowered them to 40. I also lowered the on ball defense to 45 because it shouldn’t be this difficult for Michael Jordan to get past anyone in a one on one situation. There are other sliders I changed as well, but those are the main ones that makes the game playable again for me.