NBA 2K23 (September 9th release)

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I think the main key is lowering the defensive sliders for layups and jump shots. The shot contests are so strong on this game where if someone is in your vicinity, you’ll miss the shot, I lowered them to 40. I also lowered the on ball defense to 45 because it shouldn’t be this difficult for Michael Jordan to get past anyone in a one on one situation. There are other sliders I changed as well, but those are the main ones that makes the game playable again for me

I’ll try that i really don’t like dropping the cpu sliders that much but like you said the contest are too strong my teammates can’t get good shots I hate I can’t get them to stop having red late and early releases if they are open

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Spending some more time with this game and it’s ok i don’t really like the green or miss approach but a lot of that is on me using very early with the pro stick shooting seems best for me i do like how height differences matter i had trae young on my 6’6 player and was able to green a couple times because he couldn’t get a good enough contest.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I’ll try that i really don’t like dropping the cpu sliders that much but like you said the contest are too strong my teammates can’t get good shots I hate I can’t get them to stop having red late and early releases if they are open
I don’t either, but NBA players make most wide open shots and even some contested shots, which doesn’t happen in 2k. Also, there’s a reason someone like Shaq demands a double team. He shouldn’t struggle against the likes of Todd McCullough. No quick guard with handles should struggle to get past anyone in a one on one situation unless they’re one of the elite defenders.

I forgot to mention, I reduce those same sliders for myself as well because I don’t like giving myself an advantage over the computer.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I played this for the first time on my cousin PS5. The graphics are slightly better. Not nothing mind blowing. The game play is still ass

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Im usually on the fukk 2k train but this one straight im doing a kobe era association with the clippers and I enjoy it. They did a good job with the rosters.

I don’t really like the offball movement it’s still wonky I still don’t know why they haven’t brought back holding R1/RT so you can run your routes better
I still don’t like the cpu teammates being dumb while the opposing cpu are smart as hell.
They need to ease up off the green or miss if you got at least 75 in an attribute you should be able to make some yellow slightly early or late releases.
I do like that mismatches can be used i can throw the ball into the post to elton brand if he has one and he’ll score a fair amount off it or if my guy has a smaller wing player on him i can shoot over them.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
They need to ease up off the green or miss if you got at least 75 in an attribute you should be able to make some yellow slightly early or late releases.

giphy.gif

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
One thing I've noticed is that the defense will continue to double a post player even when I'm killing them from 3 over and over again because of them doing so. Even when the post defender is quality. I don't even get the opportunity to do damage with the guy. They just double.

Another thing is leaving the fader open for 3 on the pick n roll. They never adjust. It's almost game breaking.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I hate running with brehs with no Bball IQ whose only offensive move is to barrel into the lane and chuck up prayers. We have 59 points and I have 40 of them on 16-22 but the team shot 39%. Like, that isn't even fun. Shouldn't need to be borderline perfect from the field to win by 5. :why: Online co-op is great when you're running with a good team, but stressful when you're constantly having to micromanage every aspect of the game.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
This was in 2k22 but knowing them it's probably still there in 2k23 :francis:
But I found a bug in MyLegacy where if you play the 28 game schedule config when you get to the 26/27 season CPU games don't get simulated. So teams remain 0-0 with no player stats until you play that team. Pissed as I was enjoying this franchise mode after taking a long break from getting new versions of this game