NBA Jam was programmed to screw over the Bulls, reveals programmer

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Damn i'm surprised they would admit something like this but it's been what 25 years since NBA Jam came out. Not like it really matters after all this time.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember breaking a controller playing the OG NBA Jam...the CPU chucked up an underhanded heave from 3/4 court to beat me at the buzzer:snoop:

Pops sent me to my room several times because of bullshyt like this, throwing remotes, damn near in tears telling him the game was cheating and he’d give me the:stopitslime:

Remember losing my shyt when I was finally about to beat the Lakers, but Anthony Peeler hit that underhanded shyt from 94 feet:mjcry:

Saw an article with dude confirming that he added shyt like this to the game a few years ago, sent it to my pops like:mjgrin:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Midway games period were on some bullshyt

Idk how ANY NBA Jam or MK2 machines survived the rage fits that dudes would go into when the lame ass "rubberband AI" would kick in
So true, actually total sidebar but when MK3 hit the arcades I fell in love with that shyt, but wasn't good at it. And that machine was ALWAYS jammed at my arcade, so you would never really get a chance to play the CPU to practice. It was always going to be against another human and I was getting mollywhopped since I was still learning. I was around 11 y/o. Got to the point I would go at opening with whatever change I had to try and improve my skill. Anywho the owner/manager saw this (i would go often but wouldn't be more than a head nod hello to him) and came up to me and was like come here for a sec. Takes me to his office and hands me the actual instructions that came with the machine. Like think of old fax paper texture with the thermal feel and the square holes along the side. This thing was massive but it had everything: moves, combos, fatalities. I studied Kabal's shyt like a champ came back and started whooping the CPU and real ppl :ohlawd:

Good times :mjcry:

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

The creator of NBA Jam has finally confirmed the long-standing conspiracy theory that the game was programmed in a way that if Michael Jordan or anyone from the Chicago Bulls took a last-second shot against the Detroit Pistons, it would ALWAYS miss.

The creator of NBA Jam has finally confirmed the long-standing conspiracy theory that the game was programmed in a way that if Michael Jordan or anyone from the Chicago Bulls took a last-second shot against the Detroit Pistons, it would ALWAYS miss.

That's some bullshyt :mjlol:

Michael Jordan wasn't in that game.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Midway games period were on some bullshyt

Idk how ANY NBA Jam or MK2 machines survived the rage fits that dudes would go into when the lame ass "rubberband AI" would kick in
Midway always pulled ho shyt with every game they made.

I would be whooping ass in this game, then all of a sudden Yokozuna or Bret become unstoppable.:pacspit:

polokuo

all the above
Daps
Reppin
832 and 310
So true, actually total sidebar but when MK3 hit the arcades I fell in love with that shyt, but wasn't good at it. And that machine was ALWAYS jammed at my arcade, so you would never really get a chance to play the CPU to practice. It was always going to be against another human and I was getting mollywhopped since I was still learning. I was around 11 y/o. Got to the point I would go at opening with whatever change I had to try and improve my skill. Anywho the owner/manager saw this (i would go often but wouldn't be more than a head nod hello to him) and came up to me and was like come here for a sec. Takes me to his office and hands me the actual instructions that came with the machine. Like think of old fax paper texture with the thermal feel and the square holes along the side. This thing was massive but it had everything: moves, combos, fatalities. I studied Kabal's shyt like a champ came back and started whooping the CPU and real ppl :ohlawd:

That's a pretty awesome story. I miss arcades...

Kabal had the GOAT combos in MK3 btw. Your opponents would be SEETHING when you hit 'em with that tornado spin move and all they could do is stand there and wait for whatever combo you were about to unleash. :mjlol:

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle

When you got those instructions...

tenor.gif

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I've got to find the old vhs of me giving my boy work on NBA Hangtime on N64. I would hit record on the vcr and proceed to beat that nikka like there was no tomorrow. A vhs full of 30 point blowouts and 1st half quits:mjlol:No idea what motivated him to keep trying, I was like 68-2 against him and averaged like 30 steals/shoves a game:dead: