NBA Parity Era leading to everybody getting slandered APPRECIATION. (Stan wars officially dead?)

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
None of those guys you named were Wilt or Russell stature. West is a 60s player really, by the way...

Dr J was the closest to the level of player you're talking about, but he wasn't quite their stature...

Dr J was literally Michael Jordan of the 1970s
Jerry West was and still is the NBA logo
Willis Reed was a literal superstar in New York City with Walt Frazier when he won 2 titles for the Knicks
Earl Monroe aka Black Jesus was a legend with hood appeal, similar to Kyrie Irving

Just stop :laff::laff: :laff:. Please. I hate to use the "stick to the NFL" line, but you made me do it lol

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nuggets being down 2-0 means we are really at risk of the league tying its longest streak of not having repeat finalists that it set in the late 70s (Five straight seasons).

Instead of appreciating it, what are we doing? Slandering everyone who has won a title from Jokic to Giannis to AD to KD to Kawhi.

This is hilarious. :laugh:

Yup. I picked up on it last week where every day was a new thread slandering a superstar as each one got sent home. Nyggas got ammo saved up waiting for an old head or premier star to falter :russ:

It's Jokic's turn now, but you already know "foul baiting ass" Shai or "crying ass" Luka + little mountain gon get packed up by the coli next :mjlol:

I said in the MIN/DEN thread that the coli gon turn on Ant eventually too. Not this year but it's inevitable lol

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This is a fugazi ass take on 1974 finals, kareem was the leading scorer and rebounder in this series and the bucks lost 4-3 with underwhelming and on his last leg Oscar Robertson

Kareem won 5 MVPs during the 70s all voted by the players not the media...

Kareem was aloof/stand offish and not media darling like Magic, Bird, or Jordan and the 70s articles and media show that

Don't down play Kareem....
No it isnt, and this is definitely more of that holding the old heads to a lower level of accountability than yall do the present guys...

The Celtics were underdogs in that series and found themselves with a 2-1 lead before winning the series. Go watch the 4thQ of G7 and then come back and praise Kareem to me..

There are a lot of questionable points of Kareem's career...
Dr J was literally Michael Jordan of the 1970s
Jerry West was and still is the NBA logo
Willis Reed was a literal superstar in New York City with Walt Frazier when he won 2 titles for the Knicks
Earl Monroe aka Black Jesus was a legend with hood appeal, similar to Kyrie Irving

Just stop :laff::laff: :laff:. Please
I literally said in my first or second post that there were stars in the 70s. You trying too hard...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yup. I picked up on it last week where every day was a new thread slandering a superstar as each one got sent home. Nyggas got ammo saved up waiting for an old head or premier star to falter :russ:

It's Jokic's turn now, but you already know "foul baiting ass" Shai or "crying ass" Luka + little mountain gon get packed up by the coli next :mjlol:

I said in the MIN/DEN thread that the coli gon turn on Ant eventually too. Not this year but it's inevitable lol
I’ve realized most people on here are not really sports fans. They like talking about mess and getting jokes off more than the game itself. It’s fine, but they wouldn’t see themselves as just wanting a live action version of Days of Our Lives or The Bachelor.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The parity is great for basketball but what it also highlights is the current lack of a transcendent superstar. The 70s featured Kareem as The League's best player......and he won one title that decade.

Once Magic and Bird came in they ran The League, and of course that baton was passed to Jordan, and so on...

League had great players in the 70s, but that Russell/Wilt type guy wasn't around...

League has great players in the 20s. None of these guys, as of yet, have shown themselves to be of that upper, upper tier because when those guys come along, they assert themselves on the championship scene...

This is good for the NBA though, and the 2020s may just be a repeat of the 1970s...
Magic and Bird had HOFers all around them and somehow were also getting lottery picks. Now thats not to take away from their greatness but they dont run the league like that without all that stuff happening around them. With the cap and the max and pick protections and the fact that you dont have downright stupid owners today you cant pull all that stuff off anymore.

The 3 and the pace of the game and injuries/teams caring about their long-term investments have changed the game. In the 90s and 2000s you could slow it down, clear out and pass it to you best player and let him cook one on one. 30 pts was huge because you were only scoring 90. If I had 2 30 pt scorers it was basically a wrap because I am 2/3 of the way there with 2 guys. Now you gotta get to 120. You gotta have a thorough all around team and guys that play both ends.

All that said with some of these young stacked squads we got coming up we may see somebody go on a run.

I am excited to see were the league goes from here.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I’ve realized most people on here are not really sports fans. They like talking about mess and getting jokes off more than the game itself. It’s fine, but they wouldn’t see themselves as just wanting a live action version of Days of Our Lives or The Bachelor.
It is tiring that you can't enjoy a high level game or surprise series on the coli without blatant agendas of "see now that's why ____ is the goat" or "this is why this era is trash." or "___ from the ___ era would average ___ in this watered down era" littered everywhere.

It does feel like they don't even enjoy the sport but just hate watch it for a chance to complain about it. And like you said, to each their own if that's how they get their rocks off but sheesh lol.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The parity is great for basketball but what it also highlights is the current lack of a transcendent superstar. The 70s featured Kareem as The League's best player......and he won one title that decade.

Once Magic and Bird came in they ran The League, and of course that baton was passed to Jordan, and so on...

League had great players in the 70s, but that Russell/Wilt type guy wasn't around...

League has great players in the 20s. None of these guys, as of yet, have shown themselves to be of that upper, upper tier because when those guys come along, they assert themselves on the championship scene...

This is good for the NBA though, and the 2020s may just be a repeat of the 1970s...
Actually it's the opposite, it shows that other era's didn't have that many stars, so it allowed the stars that were in that era to flourish.

Aint no craig ehlo's to jump over or no byron russels to shove halfway across the court before hitting your jumper in todays nba.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is tiring that you can't enjoy a high level game or surprise series on the coli without blatant agendas of "see now that's why ____ is the goat" or "this is why this era is trash." or "___ from the ___ era would average ___ in this watered down era" littered everywhere.

It does feel like they don't even enjoy the sport but just hate watch it for a chance to complain about it. And like you said, to each their own if that's how they get their rocks off but sheesh lol.
It’s the consequences of the NBA pushing Superstar discourse/Stan wars as the dominant narrative and now everything is about over analyzing a player’s “legacy” in real time regardless.

Daps
I don't think it's a lack of stars that's the problem

It's the lack of superteams.

With the salary cap and the average talent in the league at an all-time high, it's hard to build a superteam. KD has been trying and failing all over the place.

The best teams don't have passengers on the court anymore. Of course, you still need stars, but it's better to have 2 stars and 3 good players (the current winning model) than 3 stars and two one-dimensional role players (the usual winning model).

The average NBA player now is too good, and it's a team game.
This 100%.

NBA is becoming more like the NFL without even realizing it. Coaching, scouting, team "fit", managing the cap and player development have always mattered to some degree but it's more pronounced now.

There is no dominant team. Wolves, Celtics, OKC, Nuggets, Mavs? Any of those squads could win it all and none would go down as an all-time great squad. Now that GSW has aged out, the league is wide open with lots of good teams and great players but there aren't any great/dynastic franchises. More teams have a chance and this could be beneficial for now.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
R.87d8d7073089889e0a9f44679d48c729