NBA puts a number of the Coli's favorite scorers on notice...

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by ExodusNirvana, Sep 30, 2021.

1. BucciMane

BucciMane Kristina Schulman Bro Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Real Titletown
    Coli Cash:
    $725500.00

And, people not only thought he was on Curry's level, but above him.:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:.

2. stepbackj34spud

stepbackj34spud Top 75 All-Time

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BK
    Coli Cash:
    $354900.00

I love it. Some of those guys couldn't average over 25ppg back in the early and mid 00s. The numbers last year were crazy inflated.

LebronsHairline and Listen dapped this.
  3. I AM WARHOL

I AM WARHOL Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gwinnett
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

Like look how ridiculous this shyt looks in retrospect. This was never basketball. This is why there are posters who argue about the league vs older iterations. So many inflated numbers the last few years. Hopefully we can get back to real Basketball

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Luke Cage, 42 Monks, Gizza Mayne and 4 others dapped this.
  4. KingJay

KingJay Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Philly bouls, Trust the Process
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I love the rule change :wow:
    Cleaned up the game so much :wow:

Leasy, Ya Sinning Mane and Listen dapped this.
  5. Gil Scott-Heroin

Gil Scott-Heroin Hall of Fame

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

This isn't a league thing.

This is a Dame, Harden and Trae thing. Don't tarnish the rest of today's players with the same brush.

BlueHeffner dapped this.
  6. I AM WARHOL

I AM WARHOL Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gwinnett
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

Nope this is definitely a league thing. There are just players who are worse offenders. Don’t forget luka too. This was posted earlier in the thread. It’s definitely more than just a 3 player thing breh

7. Gil Scott-Heroin

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I already debunked this:

"This is a reality check for only a few guys in the league who've been exhausting loopholes in the system, it is not demonstrative of the league, as a collective. Furthermore, all the players are dealing with the new Wilson balls, on top of the fact that shooting percentages do tend to be low this time of the season and modulate as it goes on."

As dude pointed out a few posts ago, you can't compare the first 10 games of a season to an entire season worth of games. Once players get adjusted to a new season, along with the new Wilson balls, and these rules changes, it'll be business as usual.

ISO dapped this.
  8. I AM WARHOL

I AM WARHOL Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gwinnett
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

Ok forget the %s than. For the sake of the argument let’s say all the percentages are down strictly due to the Wilson ball. FTs are still down league wide though. Lowest through 10 games ever. Granted it is early but that shows that reffing is definitely not just affecting those 3 you pointed out. Even after the players adjust, I’m pretty certain the point totals will be down if the refs keep calling these games like they have. It’s given defenders more free reign, which was desperately needed

Listen dapped this.
  9. Gil Scott-Heroin

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I don't think this is even an argument.

Of course, it stands to reason if defenders are allowed to be more physical, it's naturally going to have an overall effect on offense. However, don't think for one second that this is somehow indicative of 70s, 80s, 90s ball, when defenders today are more athletic, conditioned, advanced, smarter and have the framework of nuances that previous generations weren't privy to.

Actually defending jumpshots is only a recent phenomenon. If you watch play during the aforementioned eras, perimeter defense primarily consisted of putting a hand up or standing in the vicinity and watching players take jumpshots. Today, defenders are actually using angles and directly contesting jumpshots, and/or swarming them with multiple players to stop them pulling up from behind the arc. That didn't happen in the 70s, 80s, 90s.

Never mind the fact that superstars from previous eras still benefited from favorable officiating, where any type of physical contact was met with a whistle. Again, this has only really affected a few players, of whom have been hamming for a while now, to the point where they've lost the sense of being able to get buckets without that security blanket.

That exposes them, and them only, not the entire league.

havoc dapped this.
  10. DraymondT

DraymondT All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

You forgot Embiid. I never seen a big man get softer calls and flop like a little ho all the time. They lettin nikkas defend him now.

11. I AM WARHOL

I AM WARHOL Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gwinnett
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

That’s not what I’m arguing tho. This is more than just a few players being effected. The whole league is being effected. That may change later, but right now this is not just isolated to the names you mentioned.

To the point I was making with the older iteration of the league, it’s a known narrative that a lot of old heads believe that there have been rules to enable players to put up bigger numbers and that a more physical game would lend to lower point totals/ efficiencies. So seeing a rule being put in place that makes the game more physical, lead to lower point totals and a large portion of NBA superstars struggling more than usual, lends to that argument. Whether that argument is false, which I know you believe, is not what I was arguing.

12. Ya Sinning Mane

Ya Sinning Mane Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I thought pollard was in the realm of curry and kyrie but damn he been exposed.

taking threes wit a double team ain’t working no more :skip:

13. OGBobbyJohnson

OGBobbyJohnson Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Tri State Area
    Coli Cash:
    $572413.00

Apprentice and Joe Sixpack dapped this.
  14. I AM WARHOL

I AM WARHOL Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gwinnett
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

We can dead this narrative about Trae now right?

15. No..Money..Mo..Problems

No..Money..Mo..Problems it is what it is

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Worldwide
    Coli Cash:
    $344500.00

Trae was only stopping in front of defenders in the paint he was never flopping at the rim or on his shot. People just ran with the flopping narrative cuz of Steve Nash

Dray5K dapped this.