Need advice on a starter whip.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
gas mileage... also its really about being able to afford insurance and parts for when it breaks etc. So if you have the income for that otherwise I wouldn't buy a car.

If you can only afford a 2k car you're typically not going to have the money to pay for insurance and everything else.

Why don't you move to another part of bk with better access to train if you money coming in if you have extra get a zip car account. That's what I would do. As far as the later you don't want to know. :aicmon:

No kids and make 2400 a month :yeshrug:
What that insurance lookin like for a young LA cat?

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I was thinking of buying a car this summer but with me possibly getting another job, I'm going to need a car to move around in a timely fashion. The only thing is I'm trying to figure out how much I should have and what kind of car is should buy. I'm a taller dude so Ive been way more comfy driving in SUVs and full size cars. Right now I have $2k so what I'm asking is:

How much more should I save for a good starter?
Whats a good reliable SUV (if there is one)?
Who are the companies ( other thna Toyota, Honda, and Nissan) that I should look out for?
and
What is the most mileage a car can have for me to consider buying it?

Thanks in advance.

u can get nice a-1 cars at police auctions...all the dumb nikkas in the world..

who get caught up in their cleanest rides..doin football numbers n the car or suv jus sit in the impound yard..

i buy cars all the time from em...slab em out..then sell em to my nephews, cousins, or uncles..

only thing id look out 4 is...drugs the cops missed..or money n shyt still in it..i got a homegirl who bought a 2010 isc 800 bucks..plus the auction fees etc...

not to long ago...took it to her mechanic..kuz it was runnin weird...gas tank was sittin weird..he pushed it up..the tank bottomed out...75,000 large fell out..

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No kids and make 2400 a month :yeshrug:
What that insurance lookin like for a young LA cat?
It's not about all that its the type of car, location and your age.

Probably a couple bills a month for full coverage. Get a 6 month policy though.

not to long ago...took it to her mechanic..kuz it was runnin weird...gas tank was sittin weird..he pushed it up..the tank bottomed out...75,000 large fell out..
Please tell me she kept it.

apartment life sucks but if you do make sure it has a washer and dryer in your unit

He's living with his rents now... I have the Chinese do my laundry.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He's living with his rents now... I have the Chinese do my laundry.
i assume rent free which gives you more flexibility. you move in an apartment and you have to deal with neighbors and thin walls. i got a cheap surround sound and the neighbors below stay calling on me and i don't even turn it up. people walking above me i hear it. the dog above i hear it. worst of all is i'm paying rent at this place and i'll never own in. $5000 a year in rent and there's people around me that put 20% down on a house and their monthly mortgage payments are lower than my rent by half.

its not about leaving your parents house as much as its about having a plan and executing that plan and leaving your folks house when you're ready the right way. i just left to leave and i wish i would have done it better.

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
i see some guy mentioned a ford explorer in here.

don't listen to that. fords in the range you're going to be looking are notoriously unreliable ( i owned a 96 explorer ). they change their parts out every year and many times within model years, aaand you'd be better served getting a chevy. japanese brands like honda and toyota are gonna be tops when it comes to reliability. get a 4runner if you're going to be forced to get a high mileage vehicle -- when something goes wrong (which it most likely will with any high mileage car) you won't have any trouble finding parts.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i assume rent free which gives you more flexibility. you move in an apartment and you have to deal with neighbors and thin walls. i got a cheap surround sound and the neighbors below stay calling on me and i don't even turn it up. people walking above me i hear it. the dog above i hear it. worst of all is i'm paying rent at this place and i'll never own in. $5000 a year in rent and there's people around me that put 20% down on a house and their monthly mortgage payments are lower than my rent by half.

its not about leaving your parents house as much as its about having a plan and executing that plan and leaving your folks house when you're ready the right way. i just left to leave and i wish i would have done it better.

Sounds like you need to buy a house or a loft then amigo.

I have an apartment and I don't have any of those issues.

OP get out on your own especially if you have an income. Girls are going to respect your own place a lot more than any car.
You can find great apartments near the main subway lines in the 1k a month range, maybe less for studios or if you want to share a flat.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So the late 90s cherokees or grand cherokees?

I had a 00' or an 01' awhile back, nice cars, really simple. They devour gas though and I wouldn't suggest driving it not in 4wd they are really tail happy even in the rain or dry.

Can you change your own oil and do odds and ends?

Daps
u can get nice a-1 cars at police auctions...all the dumb nikkas in the world..

who get caught up in their cleanest rides..doin football numbers n the car or suv jus sit in the impound yard..

i buy cars all the time from em...slab em out..then sell em to my nephews, cousins, or uncles..

only thing id look out 4 is...drugs the cops missed..or money n shyt still in it..i got a homegirl who bought a 2010 isc 800 bucks..plus the auction fees etc...

Do you know a site where I can find these auctions in my area?