#Negrowithatelestrator: Vol II "Geno ain't scared to make dem throws"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I ain't making this strictly about the Jets...so I'm going to need yall to give me submissions to cull out when I get this podcast going...but back to Geno...EJ Manuel and other rookies..shyt....Andy Dalton ain't making this throw.

BU8w3JxCIAEOnxl.jpg:large

1. Geno in a two receiver/two TE set

BU8w-tyCYAEByp1.jpg:large

2. Geno's first read isn't open

BU8xEhrCAAAvHOM.jpg:large

3. Geno's second read isn't open

BU8xN0ECMAEOJIa.jpg:large

4. 3rd read doesn't look open. But "fukk dat!!" Geno making him open

BU8xhDUCIAA3reC.jpg:large

5. Geno throws LASER to Santonio Holmes. Threw the shyt so hard I couldn't find the ball to circle that shyt. He gunning for that outside shoulder where only the receiver can catch the ball

BU8xsvMCIAALZ6d.jpg:large

6. With DB draped on Holmes, he makes the catch.

• Reading the field.....check
  • CANNON......check
  • Ball placement...... :ohlawd:
Yo...he ain't scared. The more he gets to know these plays...the better he's getting.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't tell. was that a curl route or a back shoulder throw.

It look like he just threw to the inside of Holmes on one on one coverage with the corner in outside coverage. That's bad coverage and a easy throw to make it seem like.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Can't tell. was that a curl route or a back shoulder throw.

It look like he just threw to the inside of Holmes on one on one coverage with the corner in outside coverage. That's bad coverage and a easy throw to make it seem like.
:rudy:

Bad coverage? Dude was all over him. shyt was a strike.

That's not an easy throw. I was at the game. That shyt stood out.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the go-ahead td pass better. It was better coverage but Geno made a throw that have his wr a chance o make a spectacular play. Those the passes to me that are impressive.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I like the go-ahead td pass better. It was better coverage but Geno made a throw that have his wr a chance o make a spectacular play. Those the passes to me that are impressive.
Nah.

Short throws in tight spaces are much harder. That bomb wasn't nearly as difficult a throw as this where you put it only where your guy can get it.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

The passes outside the numbers where you need to throw your receiver open are more impressive imo..

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

Bad coverage? Dude was all over him. shyt was a strike.

That's not an easy throw. I was at the game. That shyt stood out.
I can't tell looking at the picture scans. Maybe a live action example would've been better. To me the play seem simple. His wide receiver had inside position so he threw it to the outside shoulder that was free of coverage. First thing you learn as a cornerback is forced the wr sto the sideline. That look like he gave the wr the open field. Like I said it would be easier for me to see what u trying to see with a YouTube or gif. Plus I'm looking at this on my smartphone

NYC Rebel

Daps
I can't tell looking at the picture scans. Maybe a live action example would've been better. To me the play seem simple. His wide receiver had inside position so he threw it to the outside shoulder that was free of coverage. First thing you learn as a cornerback is forced the wr sto the sideline. That look like he gave the wr the open field. Like I said it would be easier for me to see what u trying to see with a YouTube or gif. Plus I'm looking at this on my smartphone

I'll see if I can gif it. The ball was out his hands with the DB still on him. That shyt was GUNNED. You heard that shyt hit Holmes shoulder from the other side of the field I was on. :scusthov:

And I'd advise you to look at the DB from picture one to five. He was on Holmes the entire time. Where is the green space between them that you're manufacturing that he was open at any point? :what:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I hate the Jets and Knicks with a passion and my initial reaction was to root against and hate the guy BUT...

seeing how the media is trying so hard to get people to hate him I cant help but cheer for the kid. I seen them fakkits do it to Lebron and all you clones who are just on the fence waiting for a hate bandwagon to jump on jumped on that. I see the same thing with Dwight Howard. And now Geno Smith.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok I see it now, it was a back shoulder pass aka Aaron Rodgers specialty. Yeah that's a good pass. Couldnt see it that well in the picture. Props.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I hate the Jets and Knicks with a passion and my initial reaction was to root against and hate the guy BUT...

seeing how the media is trying so hard to get people to hate him I cant help but cheer for the kid. I seen them fakkits do it to Lebron and all you clones who are just on the fence waiting for a hate bandwagon to jump on jumped on that. I see the same thing with Dwight Howard. And now Geno Smith.

I'm becoming that sort of sports fan myself.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
reminds me of RT17, that ability to stand tall in the pocket. unfortunately, just like Ryan, I saw Geno having some trouble feeling the pressure in the pocket. Him and Ryan have the ability/athleticism to escape and use their legs but too often they'll just stand there holding the ball or react too late and get crushed.