Official Neo Soul Music Thread

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Rosie's not quite a neo-soul artist but this track here has some Badu type vibes it. Very very solid track.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

One of my favourite songs ever from my favourite French outfit (Les Nubians) The drums on this are something else. The bass line on the hook as well :ohlawd:

"Desolee" means "Sorry" in French. Once I understood the lyrics behind the song I was even more moved :mjcry:
I finally get to see them live in DC next weekend :blessed:

This whole album was a classic.

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani

Song has a nice bounce to it, just heard of this artist(Laura Izibor) today too.So crazy how many great artists dont get that worldwide acclaim.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

One of my favourite songs ever from my favourite French outfit (Les Nubians) The drums on this are something else. The bass line on the hook as well :ohlawd:

"Desolee" means "Sorry" in French. Once I understood the lyrics behind the song I was even more moved :mjcry:
I finally get to see them live in DC next weekend :blessed:

This whole album was a classic.

T-30 mins till I see them live!

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I absolutely love OSHUN! They're based outta NYC but both of these beautiful women are originally from DC and PG County. Stuck was the first song by them that I got introduced to back in the day via either Instagram or Pinterest.

I wouldn't necessarily say they're a strictly Neo Soul group because their music is sonically diverse but they definitely got Neo Soul influences in their art along with their Ifa spirituality.