Never Forget: Foxx f/Li'l Boosie & Webbie - "Wipe Me Down"

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Never Forget is a thread series where you and I - your host, Taadow - revisit some hits we may have stored in the attic of our minds. Today, Trill Fam - "Wipe Me Down".

"B-B-BUT WAS IT REALLY A HIT??"

Billboard Hot 100 Peak: #38
Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Peak: #8
Billboard Hot Rap Singles Peak: #4
Billboard Pop 100 Peak: #56
Billboard Rhythmic Top 40 Peak: #23

AFTERMATH:

Baton Rouge was already kinda on the map, but this cut is the one that put it there in bold.

This is the only song they played in da club where people let other folks touch them. lol

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Great beat and chorus. Rest of the track? Garbo. Charisma-less garbo

And before you start talking about "oh you expecting it to be Illmatic, this aint dusty DJ Premier" typical dumb shyt reply :russell:, Shawty Lo's "Dey Know" is an example of what this song could have been. Dey Know is fire throughout. From chorus to verses. "Wipe Me Down" isn't.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq

And before you start talking about "oh you expecting it to be Illmatic, this aint dusty DJ Premier" typical dumb shyt reply :russell:, Shawty Lo's "Dey Know" is an example of what this song could have been. Dey Know is fire throughout. From chorus to verses. "Wipe Me Down" isn't.
Webbie's verse is flames though

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Girls would start wiping me and my friends down when this song came on in the club.:whew: Nellys hot in here was the last song that got women to wild out on the floor like that. Nelly said take off all your clothes and women would start showing skin:whoo: I miss the good old days before the rise of faux black feminism:mjcry:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA

Get ya mind right breh:webb4: