Never thought I'd say this but I miss home, Buffalo NY. I like it better than NYC. I'm coming home.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buffalo is small, cold, poor and racist but it's home. I miss it and can't wait to go back.

I miss driving , I miss the greenery, the trees, the lakes.

I miss the food and most of all my family. My mom and dad. My grand parents. My aunt's and cousins. I miss them all.

I miss the laid back small town charm. People are more genuine with their intentions. People are less opportunistic and have hidden agendas. Nyc everything comes with a stipulation attached. Nothing is done out of pureness and honesty.

I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Nyc is very interesting place. Very sociopathic. Cutthroat, competitive, a rat race for a hanging carrot. It cool tho if you're in the right social circle. But if you're not good luck.

My next challenge is the same as my old challenge. Finding work. I already know I'm not getting a female. My options will be fat white chicks and single mom sisters with 3 babies by 3 men. So I'm fukked dating wise.

I don't know what my next step is going to be. Finding work where their is no work is going to be tough. That's why I'm going to get my CDL. Hopefully I can make 15 an hour or better and I can go to community college for welding. Then find work down south with my welding cert. That would be cool.

I would like to live somewhere small with pretty scenery like Orlando , Charlotte , Savannah or even the black Babylon Atlanta *sighs*

But I'm not cut out for big cities. They're too expensive and I'm broke with no connections. But the main problem is how dishonest people are. There's no love in nyc, everybody is trying to gain. When everyone is trying to gain and not give, eventually everybody suffer. It's all about taking. I'm a honest person I don't have it in me to do the 48 laws of power thing. I wear my heart on my sleeve , but it's to my own detriment.

Nyc showed me alot. I've walked through plenty of neighborhoods. From crown heights to Chelsea. Luxury office spaces in Dumbo to houses in the hoods of Brownsville. Nyc is unique because poverty and wealthy literally lives side by side. Projects on one side and million dollar condos on the other. It's a sight to see.

I did some cool shyt thanks to my cousin . I got into fashion week and got to shoot with the pros behind the runway and I barely knew how to use my camera. I got to see all types of dope views from visiting luxury office spaces. Got to walk probably 1/4 the city on foot.

I might come back to nyc to visit but living here is rough. The quality of life is bad compared to smaller cities.

In Buffalo I can get a loft downtown for less then a small termite infested apartment in the hood. Just a word of advice to new Yorkers, a better life does exist but that's just my opinion

Anyway back to Buffalo. I'm going to really try to enjoy buffalo this time around, I don't know how but just make peace with it and enjoy the good things.

Last edited:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Dont give up on your dreams X. I aint ever been to NY. They say if you can make it there you can make it anywhere.

Edit- I think all that Banquet chicken got you thinking crazy :troll:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Bye nikka :camby: came all the way down here to do nothing but stay in your room and post on the coli :mjlol:

On a serious note why not just go straight to a new city? Like the ones you listed THEN if that shyt doesn't work out you go home? You might get stuck up there. Good luck though

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
X don't do it bruh.....frfr

I'm from Miami (which is a poppin city, but for non-West Indian blacks it's meh) and anytime someone says they coming home from trying their dream, it usually means they've accepted a life of mediocrity

The Bible says no man is of honor in his own hometown, of course those people in Buffalo were hating on you when you left, because for them it's like "How dare this little black nikka dream!" and when you go back home they'll be extremely happy to drag you down the path of stagnation and unambition, the path of Black & Milds, hole in the wall strip clubs, basic ass Thanksgiving dinner, Popeyes, marrying a basic chick, having basic ass kids, having a basic ass car and a basic ass house, truck driving is a basic ass job, that's the lick for nikkas fresh out the state jail down here

When you're 80 years old, winding down on the hourglass of your life, do you wanna be remembered as a regular nikka from East Buffalo that drank, smoked, had 3 kids who did nothing and died with a $50k life insurance policy, or do you wanna be the millionaire entrepreneur, the business leader, the man who blazed his own, who for generations your descendants will be saying "my great-grandfather was Dr. X, he was the founder of the largest art company in America and left us $400 million"

I wouldn't be mad if you were going back on some entrepreneurial/investment/philanthropic tip, but it sounds like you're giving up on your dreams