Never thought I'd say this but I miss home, Buffalo NY. I like it better than NYC. I'm coming home.

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
@Ball Like J-Bo Im still in Cali. But Im trynna get out there in about a yr. Everytime I went it was cool. Its a lil underveloped still imo but its growing like a muthafukka. Lot of potential out there.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
@Ball Like J-Bo Im still in Cali. But Im trynna get out there in about a yr. Everytime I went it was cool. Its a lil underveloped still imo but its growing like a muthafukka. Lot of potential out there.
Watchu gne have goin tho, as far as making ends meet.
And, I'm slick planning me a lil trip out that way (Cali) in a few months

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
X don't do it bruh.....frfr

I'm from Miami (which is a poppin city, but for non-West Indian blacks it's meh) and anytime someone says they coming home from trying their dream, it usually means they've accepted a life of mediocrity

The Bible says no man is of honor in his own hometown, of course those people in Buffalo were hating on you when you left, because for them it's like "How dare this little black nikka dream!" and when you go back home they'll be extremely happy to drag you down the path of stagnation and unambition, the path of Black & Milds, hole in the wall strip clubs, basic ass Thanksgiving dinner, Popeyes, marrying a basic chick, having basic ass kids, having a basic ass car and a basic ass house, truck driving is a basic ass job, that's the lick for nikkas fresh out the state jail down here

When you're 80 years old, winding down on the hourglass of your life, do you wanna be remembered as a regular nikka from East Buffalo that drank, smoked, had 3 kids who did nothing and died with a $50k life insurance policy, or do you wanna be the millionaire entrepreneur, the business leader, the man who blazed his own, who for generations your descendants will be saying "my great-grandfather was Dr. X, he was the founder of the largest art company in America and left us $400 million"

I wouldn't be mad if you were going back on some entrepreneurial/investment/philanthropic tip, but it sounds like you're giving up on your dreams
Lol it's not that serious...it's call acceptance bro and just being an adult and taking care of your business

My dream chasing days are over. It's time to chase reality

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
You learn to appreciate home when you travel, it happens to all of us.

I wanted to move to the west coast when I was younger, wanted a fresh start. Stayed in Los Angeles bout 2 months, and got homesick. Never disrespected my family again, you learn to appreciate your fam more when you are far away.

Daps
Lol it's not that serious...it's call acceptance bro and just being an adult and taking care of your business

My dream chasing days are over. It's time to chase reality

You can accomplish your dreams through reality by playing the game.

:wow: we ate another nikka dreams and tossed him back home. My city can be so ruthless.

Things are hard these days all over in my opinion. There's tons of opportunities for a nikka at the bottom here though. I am mentoring some young cats on how to break in recently and get their foot in the door. Without a guiding hand though a lot of these kids won't make it out of their parents house. We as a people need to stop having children until we can guarantee them employment or a business to pass down of some kind. There are gonna be a lot of milennials left behind who are not gonna be progressing in life at even a 1980s standard of living, the conditions they were born in when Blacks still had the opportunity to make something out of nothing. Now to succeed you need to cheat or have some kind of unfair advantage or social connection.

If anything NYC remains the place where you can struggle to get ahead, as opposed to languishing in your hometown with no job opportunities. But these days you'll be struggling in a cardboard box or homeless shelter/YMCA and not with roommates because even that's now unaffordable.