New Admiral Crumple interview on the front page of hiphopshot! About being alcohol free for + 7 years, lyrics and more!

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I understand it works for you Crump but a lot of people need that alcohol/drug release. Its a creativity booster for a lot of artists. Think of all the records that wouldn't exist without that creative and social uninhibitor. Things will occur to you that otherwise wouldn't.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Congrats on being sober,

Thanks so much. In the interview I listed my achievements since then. I equate it to replacing alcohol with creative work.
And it was the better decision over time.

Behavioral replacement did it for me. Instead of drinking I
- write out my emotions
- make music
- meditate
- listen to music
- socialize with on point ppl who don't drink
And the list goes on. Even to a bit of weed here and there, but rarely and just a puff.
But it's better than going back to drinking.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I understand it works for you Crump but a lot of people need that alcohol/drug release. Its a creativity booster for a lot of artists. Think of all the records that wouldn't exist without that creative and social uninhibitor. Things will occur to you that otherwise wouldn't.

I heard the drug/art inspiration story since the 80s. I hear you.

In my reality of what I saw around me - it never works. Especially in the long run. Maybe experimenting does, but not addiction.

I've seen rappers smoke too much weed or become too cocaine out to record a track let alone an album.

All I saw is over 3 ppl I know die under 40, and several who are 40 but look like their 55 with no vision or developed life purpose.

But hey, it works for Snoop Dogg!

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Thanks. I made that beat for my homie. He died from alcoholism.

R.I.P

My condolences. If you don't mind me asking, how old was he?

I have a friend who went hard on alcohol till around 30 years old. The type you'd literally think would NEVER get off it. Always smashed.

Yet he now quit for over 7 years, he works, has a family and kids. His whole energy is bright now.

I had a question for heads on the Coli - do you ever see the hip hop homeless in your city? As in street dudes wearing hip hop gear? If so talk on it.

In Toronto I saw dudes shoot heroin up rocking Nike hooded jackets, baggy pants, dope kicks - but on drugs.

I used to see ravers on the street all the time.

Even this one dude blast Dr.Dre's Let me ride at 3am on a loud speaker.

It's my hope that education, true mental health support and anti hard drugs can keep people off the streets.

Crises lines I find are one of the best forms on mental health support.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Crumple is living out his dream. How can anyone hate on that?

Thank you. I try. I'm just grateful for my health. And I'm committed to completing my next albums. I'm mixing vocals on my ten new tracks now.