New Biden Ad Invokes Civil Rights Imagery

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
...but...black people ourselves didn't embrace more leftist ideas in the primary. Black people are the reason Joe Biden is the democratic nominee, so this is straight lunacy to give the man the nomination then turn around like "WHERE ARE OUR POLICY PROPOSALS?!?!"

like...the time to force the issue is always the primary, not the general. not supporting a democrat in the general is always going to be a losing proposition, I don't care how it's framed. time doesn't stand still and racists don't idle when we choose not to participate, they just take advantage of our lack of participation to further antagonize us and make change difficult.

A lot of people act like Joe Biden was just selected to be the nominee. We had far better choices in the primary. Bernie and Warren both had progressive policies that would do more but black people supported Joe.

If you break it out demographically, we have old black people choosing who the nominee is and a subset of young black people not liking that choice and reacting emotionally. The rational thing to do as part of that subset would be to engage the elderly black people, call out reps like Clyburn and others who play favoritism / relationship politics instead of black constituent politics CONSISTENTLY, and begin to nominate Democrats who have a plan for us.

What "we" (saying this as a younger black person) seem to do instead is have minimal participation in the nomination process and expect it to yield results for us. Politics don't work that way. If you don't play, you never win.

This country will never give you shyt you don't demand if you're a person of color.

I absolutely agree.

Same principle goes for cac leftists too.

They'd rather have in fighting to figure who is the most ideologically pure than come to a consensus on what they do agree on and go from there.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
John Lewis supported a racist? Obama made one vp? Angela Davis is voting for one? :ohhh:
giphy.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Use our imagery, yet fail to provide real plan.:beli:
He has a plan. You may not like it but he has one. My problem with this ad, and his campaign, is that he’s running on “Trump is bad, I am not” instead of focusing on his plans. Not just black America but for Covid, small businesses, etc.

This is the Hillary playbook. The economy and virus situation are so bad that he can get away with it, but I can’t stand this. Show people what you’re going to do in ads...

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
He has a plan. You may not like it but he has one. My problem with this ad, and his campaign, is that he’s running on “Trump is bad, I am not” instead of focusing on his plans. Not just black America but for Covid, small businesses, etc.

This is the Hillary playbook. The economy and virus situation are so bad that he can get away with it, but I can’t stand this. Show people what you’re going to do in ads...
I think he counters that via his live speeches. He's been doing long speeches once a week or once every other week and they all focused on different economic, covid and health care type plans.

But I do agree that he doesn't need to focus on that. Because the Lincoln Project and the Republican Voters against Trump groups got that part covered.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Biden had a segregationist mindset

He respected robert byrd and strong thurmond

This election been what white supremacist is less racist

Which is sad for black people

Pretty soon it's gonna be Hellraiser vs. Jason Vorhees.

"Well..at least Hellraiser will give you some decent conversation before he kills you"

:mjlol:

If you scared, do what you gotta do, but at what point are people going to make moves to not HAVE to be in such a predicament?

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I absolutely agree.

Same principle goes for cac leftists too.

They'd rather have in fighting to figure who is the most ideologically pure than come to a consensus on what they do agree on and go from there.

that’s the problem with the far left progressives there always gonna be in fighting and eating their own because no candidate will be good enough because there looking for a perfect person with no blemishes who doesn’t exist

even these people they claim to love if they were running for president they’d find some quote from 1973 that comes off as slightly offensive to trans people and they’d try to throw them in the bushes

Young Progressives need to calm down this purity sh1t and nobodies allowed to ever have flaws or ever make mistakes and say something they find offensive

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr

And that is?:jbhmm:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
John Lewis supported a racist? Obama made one vp? Angela Davis is voting for one? :ohhh:

I would think supporting an affable racist would be light work to someone who would say "thank you for your service" to a cop for splitting his dome.

I ain't gonna call the man names or diminish his bravery in his hey day, but I'm not rocking with that strategy.