NEW DEFTONES SONG

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:blessed: Lettuce rejoice! Deftones have released a new Single titled " Prayers/Triangles off their upcoming Album " Gore" in stores April 8th!

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Over all I like it. However, I will say those distorted kinda screaming parts at the end kind of take away from the song a bit

But this is Deftones and they've never let me down

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm a massive Deftones stan and I couldn't really get behind this single. The sound is way too generic for a band that's always been putting out unique but accessible material. Was disappointed. Honestly feel that Stephen didn't have much input on this song because if he did the guitars would be :ahh:. Hoping the album turns out much better than this. Only time they've ever let me down was Saturday Night Wrist.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
It's no Rocket Skates.....but It's the Deftones and I'm a fan of damn near everything they do. I hope that never changes like it did with me and the Peppers after By the Way. :mjcry:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
wow,..this is house of flies series good on the first snare.

okay, you got my attention, deftones cause usually when it starts with a guitar rift single wise.
it usually is like a throwback to the rage rap days acoustically and they lose me.
this time this single is more of my gateway appeasal of what i expect from a new deftones record or single..
i expect house of flies series first single record goodness at the least and this seems to appease that with little to no effort.

great stuff.
this is the type of single that works for deftones as a gateway listen.

five stars...this shyt is incredible for them as a single.

takes you right back to house of flies, and the high points of white pony in one record.

this slip snare is some shyt on this record, and chino is melodically as good as house of flies on this.

hopefully this means this new album will have the clarity of white pony.
that got lost in the later releases afterwards being more about the rhythm of the playlist to show greatness.
whereas white pony is their best gateway band effort.
especially considering deftones, need more releases that build on their gateway series of records.
especially as singles as the draw for this genre gets lost in relevancy.

art barr

grading deftones against themselves, this is as good a gateway single release in the band's history.
as good as house of flies in one listen, with new wave simplicity.
elongating the gateway series of records and singles in the group's discog....

FIVE STARS *****

Last edited: