NEW DEFTONES SONG

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Album got leaked!

Mixing and quality isn't that good on the leaked tracks, but if you can't wait till the 8th it's worth a listen. A lot of nice softer tracks in here but 0 bangers. Missing the variety that Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan had.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Album got leaked!

Mixing and quality isn't that good on the leaked tracks, but if you can't wait till the 8th it's worth a listen. A lot of nice softer tracks in here but 0 bangers. Missing the variety that Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan had.

I'm refusing to listen. But I've heared nothing but awesome things about it. Someone said it's a " dark" album

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm refusing to listen. But I've heared nothing but awesome things about it. Someone said it's a " dark" album

I'd agree that most reception seems to be positive but this unquestionably has more dissatisfied listeners than DE or KNY if you browse the internet for fan comments. KNY was mixed to perfection.

Stephen's also famously said that he didn't enjoy playing on this album. When you listen to it you'll understand why.

Not to say it's a bad album. It's SNW done right imo. That album overall was :scust:. Even Chino admits it.

Look out for Hearts/Wires. Best cut off the album.

Last edited:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Amazon cart'd. :whew:
I don't want to hear anything off this until I'm in my room with the disc burnt, added to my phone and the disc filed away.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I had the pleasure oF doing a release arty for them for KNY a out 4 years ago. Gonna take this album in at the gym in an hr or so. Feels good to see other fans. I caught these guys 17 years ago at warped tour and had a new favorite band for life.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
This album is definitely a grower. I went through it last night thought it was good not great. Listened to it again before and on the way to work and I'm really digging it now

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
My top 5 tracks so far from this album

Hearts/wires
Acid Hologram
Rubicon
Gore
Phantom bride

Sleepers

Geometric Headdress
Pittura Infamante
Xenon

Good tracks

Prayers/ Triangles
Doomed User
(L)MIRL

Overall I am pleased with the release

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Bumped it twice at the gym yesterday. I'll give it another go today

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
What was your initial impression?

It didn't smack me in the face like past albums...Don't want to say dissapointed but nothing jumped off the page at me yet. U don't have any song in my head. I'll give it some more time. Also short. If we've already heard 3 singles and the album is 48 mins, it almost seems like an EP. But Chino has blessed us with nothing but fire over the last 6 years so I can't be that mad

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It didn't smack me in the face like past albums...Don't want to say dissapointed but nothing jumped off the page at me yet. U don't have any song in my head. I'll give it some more time. Also short. If we've already heard 3 singles and the album is 48 mins, it almost seems like an EP. But Chino has blessed us with nothing but fire over the last 6 years so I can't be that mad

Yea, the album flys. Chino said in an interview that it is a grower. Shoot I didn't get into self titled till 2 years afterwards; now it's one of my fave's.

At first, I was kind of like you. I liked the songs but nothing was catching me, except Acid Hologram and Hearts/Wires