New Ghostbusters Movie Confirmed With All-Female Cast

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
screen-shot-2014-10-08-at-3-13-33-pm.png

A new Ghostbusters film featuring an all-female cast is officially on the way. Paul Feig, creator of Freaks & Geeks and director of Bridesmaids, confirmed on Twitter that he is penning the film alongside Parks and Recreation writer Katie Dippold.

For years, Ghostbusters 3 has been stuck in developmental hell, mostly due to Bill Murray’s reluctance to participate in another film. However, Dr. Venkman himself recently gave his stamp of approval on an all-female Ghostbusters, naming Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Emma Stone, and Linda Cardellini as his personal casting picks.

According to SlashFilm, it’s unclear whether Feig’s Ghostbusters film will connect to the series, and no casting decisions have been made yet.

Update: The Hollywood Reporter reports that “the project [will] no longer be connected to the earlier movies but now launch a new series.”

Read our retrospective on the film’s equally iconic soundtrack.

Source: http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/10/new-ghostbusters-film-confirmed-with-all-female-cast/

Thoughts, brehs? I was hesitant because I thought it was gonna be a remake/reboot of Ghostbusters 1, but if this is a movie that starts it's own series completely... I'm more open to it. Still want Ghostbusters III though. :patrice:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
:camby:

Women aren't funny to me. Clever and cute sure.

Regardless, I hope they keep the predictable people away from this (Kristin Wiig, Melissa Mcarthy, Sarah Silverman, Amy Poehler, etc etc etc).

The casting is the part most interesting to me I guess. Usually when there is a good female part available, shyt gets wild, even from the little bit that we get to hear about. Dragon Tattoo remake was apparently a fukking war. This will probably be the same.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
:camby:

Women aren't funny to me. Clever and cute sure.

Regardless, I hope they keep the predictable people away from this (Kristin Wiig, Melissa Mcarthy, Sarah Silverman, Amy Poehler, etc etc etc).

The casting is the part most interesting to me I guess. Usually when there is a good female part available, shyt gets wild, even from the little bit that we get to hear about. Dragon Tattoo remake was apparently a fukking war. This will probably be the same.

As long as they don't make this movie be on some corny girl-power shyt, I'm open towards it. Suckerpunch gets hated on heavy, but what I loved about it was the fact that it never hammered the fact that the cast was mostly women, it focused on the plot and action. Like The Expendables, you don't sit and think "Aw damn, an all-male cast :camby:", you go "Wonder what they got for us this round. :ehh:" If Paul Feig can do that, which I'm sure he can, then the movie'll at least float.

To be honest though, I don't even know who I'd cast. :patrice:I'd probably go for up-and-coming actresses.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I'm drawing a blank on the last all-female comedy I found funny...