New Ghostbusters Movie Confirmed With All-Female Cast

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
lotta brehs in here basically rather kill themselves than watch this upcoming film. but if the film is legit yall gonna capin real fukkin hard:umad:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
FmFyl.gif

It's going to be awful.

And Melissa McCarthy too? :camby:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
lotta brehs in here basically rather kill themselves than watch this upcoming film. but if the film is legit yall gonna capin real fukkin hard:umad:

It won't be. It has Melissa McCarthy. And Kristen Wiig never really was that funny to me. Emma Stone is the only actress on the list who I find funny.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
It won't be. It has Melissa McCarthy. And Kristen Wiig never really was that funny to me. Emma Stone is the only actress on the list who I find funny.
For the sake of the film, I'm hoping so. But then again I never really bought into white humour

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i don't understand the reasoning behind this except the director made bridesmaids which was funny.:patrice:

But ghostbuster's is a whole other property and the idea of an all female cast just to appease the director attached seems.....well.... stupid. :beli:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
If anything, they need to choose roles that would make it a bit more realistic in a sense. Because none of the Ghostbusters were model material or anything, they were older guys who had a few pounds on them and were more like your typical exterminators. (But they WERE exterminators... they exterminated ghosts.) So obviously, they can't have a bunch of Victoria Secret-looking models unless they're gonna go for the Sex Kitten Charlie's Angels-type ish. And that's what people are afraid of.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
screen-shot-2014-10-08-at-3-13-33-pm.png

A new Ghostbusters film featuring an all-female cast is officially on the way. Paul Feig, creator of Freaks & Geeks and director of Bridesmaids, confirmed on Twitter that he is penning the film alongside Parks and Recreation writer Katie Dippold.

For years, Ghostbusters 3 has been stuck in developmental hell, mostly due to Bill Murray’s reluctance to participate in another film. However, Dr. Venkman himself recently gave his stamp of approval on an all-female Ghostbusters, naming Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Emma Stone, and Linda Cardellini as his personal casting picks.

According to SlashFilm, it’s unclear whether Feig’s Ghostbusters film will connect to the series, and no casting decisions have been made yet.

Update: The Hollywood Reporter reports that “the project [will] no longer be connected to the earlier movies but now launch a new series.”

Read our retrospective on the film’s equally iconic soundtrack.

Source: http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/10/new-ghostbusters-film-confirmed-with-all-female-cast/

Thoughts, brehs? I was hesitant because I thought it was gonna be a remake/reboot of Ghostbusters 1, but if this is a movie that starts it's own series completely... I'm more open to it. Still want Ghostbusters III though. :patrice:

NO_MAAM_by_daskai.png

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
One of my favorite films of all time :mjcry:So many memories watching this on tv, renting the movie from Movie Madness (those 2000 babies only know about Blockbuster), playing the video games, and I had both proton packs :mjcry: Damn, what a powerful film
i had the packs too :mjcry:

i bought the blu collection a few months ago and haven't watched em yet :mjcry:

i haven't seen #2 since the 90s

Last edited: