New: Jay Rock ft Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay for It

Ike omad

Rookie
Daps
damn I didn't catch that shyt, kdot was playing on words to send shots at Drake :ohhh:

or maybe its not a diss, he kinda did the same thing at the bet cypher, he made everybody think he was dissing drake when it was papoose lol

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I fukks with it...Jay Rock is way doper than School Boy to me, biggest knock on him is that sounds too much like a poor man's game at times...this song sounds like a track on one of those long ass Game mixtape that has like 26 tracks...but that's not a bad thing because i tend to fukk with those tapes

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:ehh: not bad, not great. still looking forward to this album

:mjlol: at this just being randomly found on Twitter. Looks like Jay Rock is still getting that second class treatment over there

Daps
4NgqhQIyp.gif

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I get what they are trying to do with this record. They want a "big" song that will touch different demographics
Exactly! These nikkas just trynna see what that Eminem formula (sentimental AF female singer on the hook) really looks like. :scheme:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Yea I got that same vibe

I just wished Rock toned it down on this beat.

I like Rock's aggressive approach but he has to know it won't work on every beat

I don't even think Rock's aggressiveness was the problem...I think the problem was the polar opposite of it (some super non-agressive hook) being in the same track. It's like listening to rock and classical music on the same track, it fukks with the listener's ears because the agressive feels too agressive. But if there was a more agressive chorus then the song would feel more evened out...and thus more memorable.