New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
600_1404374050_tupac_shakur_1996_death_row_interscope_records_photofest_web_630x416_49-240x240.jpg

Previously unreleased recordings by Tupac Shakur will come out as new releases now that a new company has begun handling the late rapper’s estate.

Shakur’s mother, Afeni, has been working with JAM, Inc. since 2013, according to Billboard, and has given the company access to everything in her collection. The company has consulted with the Michael Jackson estate and has worked with the Doors, Janis Joplin and Otis Redding, among others, on enriching their legacies.

Jeff Jampol, who owns JAM Inc., said he’s dug through “unreleased music, released music, remixes, original demos, writings, scripts, plans, video treatments [and] poems.” Despite the fact that several posthumous Tupac albums have come out since the rapper’s death in 1996, there is apparently still plenty of unreleased material. Jampol described his company’s intention as giving the Shakur estate a “total reset.”

“Some of [the material] is in bits and pieces, some of it is complete; some of it is good, some of it needs work,” said Tom Whalley, who signed Shakur to Interscope and is working with Jampol on the project. “But I think the work that is left can be completed, and is worth his fans hearing.”

One of the first steps was a recent Powerade commercial, which featured Shakur reciting the “rose that grew from concrete” line from “Mama’s Just A Little Girl.” Another was the conversation between Shakur and Kendrick Lamar on the latter rapper’s recent “Mortal Man,” a track on To Pimp a Butterfly, which was culled from a 1994 interview with Shakur.

Whalley said he’d considered doing a project similar to the Bob Dylan project Lost on the River: The New Basement Tapes, in which other musicians sang “lost” Dylan lyrics in songs they wrote. The Lamar interpolation came around the time he was considering that.

Other components in the project include the rapper’s recent Grammy Museum exhibition and a biography. Jampol is currently negotiating with an author for that, whom he describes as a “very serious writer.”

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...lts-headed-for-release-20150327#ixzz3Vcushytv

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope there's new Pac verses and new Pac songs. If you make the beats be right, and the right natural features could create a dope project. I hope there's enough for more work, and then the OG's come out later too so we can hear what they were like. I would love to hear new 2 Pac songs, would check this instantly, I hope they can do it justice, the last Pac project that really had me was Better Days which had some classic songs, Loyal To The Game could have been great but Eminem fukked it up and ruined it for the most part, though some good shyt here and there and the OG's were great. I hope we can get an album or more of Better Days or above quality.

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
Unreleased material is badass, but when they use existing footage that wasnt meant to go with it it can look corny sometimes. Like those tribute to ppl who have died in the last year at those award shows (hope that makes sense). Point is I hope its done tastefully, I'm really looking forward to this regardless though.