Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
For the life of me I cannot understand why people don't realize that no one wants to live in West Bumblefukk, Red State as opposed to New York City

I just got back from Orlando two weeks ago...fukking everything closes at like 8 except Inner Room :shaq: and the only place to get groceries is Wal-Mart and shyt

Get the fukk outta here :russ:
:dead::deadrose:
Facts. If you're used to living a specific lifestyle and surroundings, it's not worth it. Too much of an adjustment and being way down south is not always the wave if you're coming from a major city. People moving all casual and nonchalant.. lol. I need access, location and the ability to do things on my time 24/7.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I blame people having 3 or more kids and raising them in condensed areas. After a certain point, land itself will run out and traffic jams only get slower and more congested.

Higher population = higher cost of living. After a certain point, people will enforce a policy similar to China where they can only have 2 kids per household.

If the population jumps 3x again within the next 50 years, we be close to 1.1 billion people living in America :merchant:

The idea of 1 billion people living in this country is horrifying.

As an outsider looking in i'd say this:
  • New Yorkers as people have way too many entitlements from all the benefits people get money for while not lifting a finger. Everyone is part of a Union or gets some sort of disability benefit.
  • The cost of living is outrageous. Not only is it expensive but you're bunched up together like freakin' sardines. Every town home is split into damn near 3 separate apts.
  • The taxes are crazy. Read an article the other day about how New York revenue services audit people who claim they no longer reside in NY just to avoid the taxes. Apparently some rich folks in NY claim they reside in FL or TX (no income tax states) to avoid NY taxes. But the NY revenue services audits their home, their phone records, and their travel patterns to prove they really reside in NY. One auditor said they even check their fridge :huh:
All this adds up and the extremely large population amplifies it all.

Those townhouses are pretty big, though. One family doesn't even need to live on all 4 floors. If I owned one, I would probably live in the garden apartment and rent out the rest of the floors.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Those townhouses are pretty big, though. One family doesn't even need to live on all 4 floors. If I owned one, I would probably live in the garden apartment and rent out the rest of the floors.
To each his own but shared living space is just not my thing :hubie:
Everyone i know in NY seems to live in some house/townhouse that's been split into multiple apartments. I like personal space and cant stand to have people so close to me. I was 26 the first time i ever moved into an apartment and I was miserable during those years and they were spacious 700+ sqft apartments. I just hate knowing that i share a wall with a stranger. Hearing them walk around or argue or even fukking in some cases. I currently live alone in a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom 1,800 sqft single-family house sitting on a 1/3 acre ...ALL BY MY SELF.
And sometimes i still feel like it's too small :manny:
But i understand to someone who grew up in apartments, apartment buildings or townhouses all their life that IS their norm. Different stokes for different folks as they say. At most i could use one of my guest rooms and make some money from AirB&B since the guestrooms are all the way on the other side of the house and my master bedroom is isolated from the rest.
But even that's asking a lot for me :sadcam:
My cousin lives in BK and dude shares a townhouse's basemen apartment with his roommate. The roomate gets the bedroom while he sleeps in an isolated part of of the living room that's closed off.
I couldnt imagine living in those conditions but i guess you do what you gotta do

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NYC is the #1 center of wealth creation in the world. Stock market has been shooting up for almost a decade. The reason they have tax trouble is because those guys are the world's master tax dodgers and NYC has been giving rich people tax breaks and sweetheart deals for decades. But of course a right-wing rag is gonna make it like high taxes and too many services to the poor are the real problem.
Dudes talking about pensions is the problem :mjlol:

You know how long you gotta work for the city to get a pension? And most of the city jobs out there are paying you SIGNIFICANTLY less than the private sector too?? :russ:
whatever the problem is with pensions, it IS a problem. these fukkin unions give the democrats money for the democrats to make them impossible promises that they cant keep. and you can't just tax your way out of it :dead:

i read that the NYC public pension system is 80 billion dollars underfunded. what the fukk is the solution for that? they need to start paying public employees MORE up front, and cut pensions to next to nothing. unless you have a better solution besides "hur dur tax the rich" :mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Its only gonna get worse when people too selfish to organize and keep the cost of living low. But America with over a billion people, living in shytty conditions close to major cities, is gonna plummet the quality of life.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
To each his own but shared living space is just not my thing :hubie:
Everyone i know in NY seems to live in some house/townhouse that's been split into multiple apartments. I like personal space and cant stand to have people so close to me. I was 26 the first time i ever moved into an apartment and I was miserable during those years and they were spacious 700+ sqft apartments. I just hate knowing that i share a wall with a stranger. Hearing them walk around or argue or even fukking in some cases. I currently live alone in a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom 1,800 sqft single-family house sitting on a 1/3 acre ...ALL BY MY SELF.
And sometimes i still feel like it's too small :manny:
But i understand to someone who grew up in apartments, apartment buildings or townhouses all their life that IS their norm. Different stokes for different folks as they say. At most i could use one of my guest rooms and make some money from AirB&B since the guestrooms are all the way on the other side of the house and my master bedroom is isolated from the rest.
But even that's asking a lot for me :sadcam:
My cousin lives in BK and dude shares a townhouse's basemen apartment with his roommate. The roomate gets the bedroom while he sleeps in an isolated part of of the living room that's closed off.
I couldnt imagine living in those conditions but i guess you do what you gotta do

I don't mind apartment living at all, but I sure do not want to live with roommates. I totally see why someone would want more space, but personally I value convenience and proximity to amenities over everything.

These hipsters are really out here living like Mexicans :heh:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Its only gonna get worse when people too selfish to organize and keep the cost of living low. But America with over a billion people, living in shytty conditions close to major cities, is gonna plummet the quality of life.

Cities are gonna turn into shytholes if that actually happens (unless people flock to less developed cities in the interior of the country)

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
whatever the problem is with pensions, it IS a problem. these fukkin unions give the democrats money for the democrats to make them impossible promises that they cant keep. and you can't just tax your way out of it :dead:

i read that the NYC public pension system is 80 billion dollars underfunded. what the fukk is the solution for that? they need to start paying public employees MORE up front, and cut pensions to next to nothing. unless you have a better solution besides "hur dur tax the rich" :mjlol:
Oh it's the Democrats....well I did not expect that from you cac mamba :russ:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
:dead::deadrose:
Facts. If you're used to living a specific lifestyle and surroundings, it's not worth it. Too much of an adjustment and being way down south is not always the wave if you're coming from a major city. People moving all casual and nonchalant.. lol. I need access, location and the ability to do things on my time 24/7.

A lot of native NYers are moving to VA, NC, TX, and FL because of cheaper cost of living. Its also a reason why VA is almost a blue state because of all the NYers flocking there. Demographics are changing rapidly because of extreme cost of living in NY, and everyone is feeling the long term effects one way or the other.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Cities are gonna turn into shytholes if that actually happens (unless people flock to less developed cities in the interior of the country)

The General public lack education on the effects of overpopulation and the lack of regulation from greed. A cash-strapped population living in an overcrowded city is a recipe for disaster.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I blame people having 3 or more kids and raising them in condensed areas. After a certain point, land itself will run out and traffic jams only get slower and more congested.

Higher population = higher cost of living. After a certain point, people will enforce a policy similar to China where they can only have 2 kids per household.

If the population jumps 3x again within the next 50 years, we be close to 1.1 billion people living in America :merchant:

:mjlol:

Most people aren't having 3 kids anymore

NPR Choice page

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
MixedBlaringHornedviper-size_restricted.gif
:stopitslime:this is yall representative- he's not knocking over shyt but butter biscuits, literally
giphy.gif

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I don't mind apartment living at all, but I sure do not want to live with roommates. I totally see why someone would want more space, but personally I value convenience and proximity to amenities over everything.

These hipsters are really out here living like Mexicans :heh:
I live near what they call the "East Atlanta Village" in Atlanta near downtown. You might as well call the shyt "hipster village" for all the hipsters that walk around and live here. Every other shop is a coffee shop or some Korean cafeteria. They are driving the price of rent way up from what i see. I could rent my house and get twice the mortgage. So i can only imagine the effects the same thing is having in an expensive place like NY