New York City is on pace for lowest murder rate in history(and in the country)

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
the biggest gang in nyc is the cops
they pull up on your block in a armored tank
they the ones catching bodies

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
also when you eating you don't have the motivation like that to up your gun
violence is bad for business
move like the mob do quiet like the church mice be

bigwill100

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Tbh the city isn’t strict. The court system is very lenient. Dudes go in and out of jail every few weeks and are back on the street. This happens with violent offenders as well. As a result there is no difference from the streets and prison. They are literally one in the same. Police know this and they get tired of arresting the same people over and over again so they just ignore them. The increase in opioid use hasn’t helped either

What gangs are the worst ones in Baltimore

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
What gangs are the worst ones in Baltimore
Prolly BGF. Gangs are relatively new here considering there weren’t any before the early 2000s. Before that you just repped your block. I do think gangs have contributed to the violence these days tho becuz the murder rate is the same it was during the crack era

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
That is fantastic news. And just because nikkas ain’t getting shot every minute doesn’t mean it’s exactly “safe”. There are still certain parts of the Bronx where I make sure to hit the lock button on my car if I’m sitting at a red light. And you will never catch me in somewhere like Brownsville, :huhldup: just to name a couple.
No shade, breh,
But I dapped you but then undapped you because of the bolded.

I kind of feel like that mentality is exactly what prevents the forward progress of that type of community. I am aware of the reality of Brownsville and I'm aware that one black middle class family moving in there won't change much but if the trend was for black urban dwellers with growing income - such as myself - moving together as a block into such a community, you'd probably see the metrics trend towards a more optimistic outlook.

Curious to your thoughts. And I used to feel the same way, by the way.

On the main topic: I'm proud of my City for this news. It's not surprising, though. I've been keeping an eye on the increased safety in NY even before gentrification was in full swing.

Bakebean

Pro
Daps
Mental illness is also a major issue that is often overlooked in our communities as well

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Tbh the city isn’t strict. The court system is very lenient. Dudes go in and out of jail every few weeks and are back on the street. This happens with violent offenders as well. As a result there is no difference from the streets and prison. They are literally one in the same. Police know this and they get tired of arresting the same people over and over again so they just ignore them. The increase in opioid use hasn’t helped either
This is interesting. Do you feel as if a stricter court system with harsher sentences would make it better?

I definitely agree that Court systems with inefficient alternative to prison programs make things worse but from my experience, I can't cosign harsher prison related ramifications.

Gentrification:ufdup: smh
:whoa:

This explains part of it but NYC hasn't lost a considerable amount of its black and brown population and those communities which are overwhelmingly black/brown have significantly lower murder rates compares to the 90s & 70s.

You have to give our black communities more credit. :salute: