New York Rappers Get Catapulted Into Greatness With The Smallest Sample Size

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Your argument presupposes that there were multiple 5 mic west coast albums from 1990-1991 (again, the period when the Source was loose with giving out 5 mics). You've been asked to identify those albums. You haven't.
You have to support your argument that there was bias, by identifying the instances of bias. If there were no other west coast albums that deserved 5 mics in 1990-1991(other than Death Certificate), then there is no bias.
The ball is in your court.
I'm not arguing anything. Just stating facts. I've given facts. No interest in pointing out which albums did or didn't deserve THIS OR THAT. JUST the facts. That would be opinion.

1. Of the nine west coast albums that got five mics, they're centered around PAC, two, cube, two, Dre, two, a group feat Dre & cube, 1. Then rounded out with two other Dre protege's snoop and d.o.c.

2, out of all the west coast albums that dropped in history, only one got five mics out the gate. It was produced by east coast producers.

3, every west coast album that made the five mics list eventually were albums that had to have instant commercial appeal to go along with whatever critical appeal they decided to give props for.

NO OPINIONS, JUST FACTS.

Meanwhile the east coast albums on the list have a number ofalbums that initially did not do much at all,Some still havent done much and it consists of an assorted variation of characters.

If you truly believe the only classic west coast albums were by dre,three of his understudy's,cube,snoop,doc and a signee (2pac),then you're PART OF THE PROBLEM.
But do you.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm not arguing anything. Just stating facts. I've given facts. No interest in pointing out which albums did or didn't deserve THIS OR THAT. JUST the facts. That would be opinion.
:jbhmm: But you came in the thread claiming the Source was biased against the west coast.
WANNA KNOW WHAT BIAS LOOKS LIKE? iF YOUT HAVENT NOTICED,THE ONLY WEST COAST ALBUMS TO GET FIVE MICS,WERE EITHER ONE TIME RUTHLESS OR DEATHROW artists,they told the rest of the west coast, fukk em
Now that I've asked you to give examples its :whoa:
I think you may have popped shyt and now I need to speak to Jadakiss :youngsabo:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Not really. It takes more time to write a song telling a vivid story than it does to put together a typical Juelz verse where you are rhyming simple words together that do nothing more than say how gangsta you are.

The only 'preference' part of it is whether you personally like it. I like Juelz Nazi nazi copy papi rhymes because they make me laugh but is it beter than Nature Of A Threat verse? No. Quality is not some eye of the beholder in every instance. That is why the quality build of a mercedes is nicer than a Lexus. It isn't because you like Mercedes better, it's because it is better. There is a big difference between a national geographic video and some kid taking his smart phone to the forest.

Cosign

I never heard a Jadakiss verse as nice as either of Jacka's verses on "Turned Out".

"You're on a record label but you're not a shareholder
I'm from the MOB, I hold a job to prepare soldiers
Let's take a ride, don't think this time, in the 9 we on one
I got the young nigs with me but I don't control none
He his own man, murder a nikka with his own gun
Who love me now will try to murk a nikka in the long run
Hard to ignore, I've seen it all before
Do it all for nikkas, get locked, you wrapped poor
Shoot a lot of nikkas off top, you rap-war
Fighting a case you can't beat, on the streets
You can't find peace, cause I blow trees, Everywhere
They admire me, this heat make you rely on me
The game forever tied to me"

"I don't give a fukk,
I ain't seen you since you gave ya nikkas up...
You act like you so into
What I'm into, but you not ill dude
I just told you that...
But I didn't mean it, I'm a liar and a genius
Styling with the knowledge of the Deen, Sirat-al Mustaqim
Watch me as I coach my team,
It must be war 'cause I got my beam,
50-CAL bird out at night but it's not a owl
Yeah you see my teeth from the light but that's not a smile
Sparks flash bright out the tip of the silencer
Thugs in every trap carry straps 'cause it's a violent Earth
Y'amsayin? Smoked a pound of purp last night, but I'm still hurt
Keep shyt on the back of my mind, where memories lurk"

nikkas tryna say the Jack aint nice, smh

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Lol fukk outta here, Big L never been talked about as a goat in New York? Though he isn't technically DITC, Big Pun ain't never been talked about as a goat in New York?
Sure, both of them passed away at a young age and that contributes to their legend, neither of them had a real classic album though when they were alive. Big Pun had the potential to be a major NY factor but we'll never know.

As for the rest of DITC, only two of the members (AG and OC) have the discography to match how much lip-service has been paid to them online.
Capital punishment?:pee105::ufdup:lifestyles of the poor and dangerous? Who r u kidding?:pee107:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps

1. Of the nine west coast albums that got five mics, they're centered around PAC, two, cube, two, Dre, two, a group feat Dre & cube, 1. Then rounded out with two other Dre protege's snoop and d.o.c.

2, out of all the west coast albums that dropped in history, only one got five mics out the gate. It was produced by east coast producers.

3, every west coast album that made the five mics list eventually were albums that had to have instant commercial appeal to go along with whatever critical appeal they decided to give props for.

NO OPINIONS, JUST FACTS.

Meanwhile the east coast albums on the list have a number ofalbums that initially did not do much at all,Some still havent done much and it consists of an assorted variation of characters.

If you truly believe the only classic west coast albums were by dre,three of his understudy's,cube,snoop,doc and a signee (2pac),then you're PART OF THE PROBLEM.
But do you.
Where r the classics at breh? :pee105:what album besides those were 5 mic albums. I think bow down by wsc bow down and dogg food are the closest ones. I would say bow down is a 5 mic album other then that I don't see any classics.:aicmon: